Originally Posted by harchambeault
I'm happy to report that after fasting for 3 days, Cutie seems back to normal! His color is better, his activity is normal. We started feeding him today. He immediately spit out the pellet I tried to give him, so I gave him a few flakes, which he devoured. I had been adding aquarium salt to his tank...I'm confused, is this something I can add regularly when I change his water, or just when he's sickish. If he has salt in his tank should I change his water everyday? I've been doing 100% water changes for the past 3 days while he was sick. Also, I bought some Jungle Fungus Clear because I thought he had dropsy, and also because his fins are really frayed...now that I"m pretty sure he doesn't have dropsy, is this something I can continue to see if it heals up his fins. And do I change his water everyday with the Jungle stuff? THANKS!!!
I wouldn't use the jungle stuff if he doesn't have fungus...
You can only use aquarium salt a max of 10 days- using it longer will result in kidney damage as well as other internal damage.
If theres nothing wrong with him, I just wouldn't use the salt any more.
But for future reference, when using AQ salt you do need 100% daily water changes,
I'm glad he's doing well!! :D