Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #1 
SheCaMo

3 G 360 Tank

I got one of those 3 gallon 360 tanks for free today. It is in great condition, comes with that undergravelfilter and the airpump.
Are they ok for Bettas, if i put a heater in there and let it cycle?

My husband says yes and would run down to Walmart to get a heather ( most likely because he wants to "rescue" one of the pretty Crowntails they have there right now

)

Does anybody have a tank like this? will it work? Or should i just put plants ( fake in it) and put it as a nightlight in my kids room?
SheCaMo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #2 
bluenail

I do not understand the pictures that you included, are those the bettas that might be rescued?

Can you give us images of, or links to sites that have, the aquarium?

Site unseen I would say that the aquarium is probably okay. It is probably not the best, since it is probably too tall for its gallon size, and the betta probably won't have much room to swim side to side. Does it have a good lid? Bettas are jumpers so some of the modern lidless tanks are a no-go.
bluenail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #3 
VivianKJean

if it is 3 gallons, it is perfectly fine for a betta.

but yes make sure that there is a lid. If it doesn't come with one you can just use plastic cling wrap with some holes punched in it as a lid.
VivianKJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #4 
SheCaMo

oops sorry, wrong pics!!

This is the Tank

Old 08-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #5 
VivianKJean

That tank looks fine to me. Yes it is on the taller side but since it is 360 there aren't any corners so your fish will just swim in circles rather than back and forth (which is fine).

I would replace the plants though. plastic plants are not good for bettas. I would use either live or silk plants.

The bubbles may be a bit much for him but you won't know that until he is in there
Old 08-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #6 
SheCaMo

Ok thank you!

I was just not sure.

Maybe I'll set it up or keep it for emergencies right now, I have enough tanks.lol..
But its good to know that i could use it
Old 08-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #7 
bluenail

Okay, I say go for it, I'm not too worried about the bubbles, just make sure you have a valve on your air line so you can turn down the bubbles if you want to.
bluenail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #8 
VivianKJean

The bubbles might disturb him since some bettas are more sensitive to currents then others. But yes have a valve so you can turn it down.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #9 
myexplodingcat

Go straight ahead, snap that boy up. That 3g tank will be infinitely better for him than his cup, and it sounds like somebody's already fallen in love ;)

A Hydor 25w adjustable heater is suitable, but I also find that the Aqueon 10w preset actually works pretty well on 3 gallon tanks if you're short on cash. You can't adjust it if the fish gets sick, though, so get the adjustable one if you possibly can.
myexplodingcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:59 AM   #10 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Pretty tank

To reduce the amount of current, I use a bread tie or small binder clip on the airline tubing to minimize the flow on my sponge filters. Not very sophisticated but it works :)

Your plastic plants that have round edges are fine. It's the ones that are spikey that you should avoid.

Enjoy your new fish buddy.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote