Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #11 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
I seem to remember an aquarium being installed in a car on Pimp my Ride a loooonng time ago, but they didn't do anything to account for the movement of the water as the car was being driven. They just kind of positioned it between the back seats or something, the poor fishies. I hope that car owner took the tank out when the cameras stopped rolling.

I know they make cars that are supposed to be low shock and you aren't supposed to feel the bumbs and dips in the road, but even that won't keep you from feeling the car turning, and that alone would throw water everywhere. Some sort of gyro system might help with keeping the fish upright in the tank, but when you turn a little strong there will still be a pull caused by the centripetal force which (I think) would cause the water pressure to fluxuate and might be pretty stressful on a fish if they have to endure it frequently.

On a side note....I think stuff like pistons and/or a gyro system could look really cool on a non-mobile tank! I'm picturing something stem-punk. Oh! and for the inside of the tank, you can have gears as hiding places and wires as the "plants" (of course with no real metal in them).
i've been wanting to make a steampunk tank for a long time....build a wood and brass framework with gears and pseudo-scientific gadgetry around it, and decorate the inside like a victorian curiosity cabinet...with fake medical oddities and suchlike.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #12 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
I seem to remember an aquarium being installed in a car on Pimp my Ride a loooonng time ago, but they didn't do anything to account for the movement of the water as the car was being driven. They just kind of positioned it between the back seats or something, the poor fishies. I hope that car owner took the tank out when the cameras stopped rolling.

I know they make cars that are supposed to be low shock and you aren't supposed to feel the bumbs and dips in the road, but even that won't keep you from feeling the car turning, and that alone would throw water everywhere. Some sort of gyro system might help with keeping the fish upright in the tank, but when you turn a little strong there will still be a pull caused by the centripetal force which (I think) would cause the water pressure to fluxuate and might be pretty stressful on a fish if they have to endure it frequently.

On a side note....I think stuff like pistons and/or a gyro system could look really cool on a non-mobile tank! I'm picturing something stem-punk. Oh! and for the inside of the tank, you can have gears as hiding places and wires as the "plants" (of course with no real metal in them).
Yeah i remember that too, on another they installed a fire place...
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote