Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #1 
Teambetta41299

Split tank??

Hello! Can you split a five gallon tank?? Will it make my fish uncomfortable to go from a five gallon to a 2.5 gallon and have another fish with him??

Thanks in advance! :)
Teambetta41299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #2 
shellieca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teambetta41299 View Post
Hello! Can you split a five gallon tank?? Will it make my fish uncomfortable to go from a five gallon to a 2.5 gallon and have another fish with him??

Thanks in advance! :)
Many people do it, I personally think its too small. If you choose to do it try to get a divider they can't see through & make sure it is VERY secure because they sometimes can figure out how to get to the other side if they know there's another Betta over there.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #3 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yes the absulate minimum is agrubale I say 2.5 gallons but I would be careful seeing a long finned or colorful fish stresses a Betta fish but it needs to be heated and filtered I would do a weekly water change I would also give your Betta a daily pellet and weekly live and freeze dried food I would also plant it silk or live and hiding space to reduce stress do not use a clear divider pardon my grammar I have ASD it makes my language skills bad and no I am not mentally challenged ASD stands for Autism Spectrum Disorder aspergers to be specific. Also a floating Betta log helps they I love mine so does my Betta.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #4 
DragonFish

My two fives are both divided in half and I've had fantastic luck with them. When I set my first one up a couple years back I had a little trouble getting in and cleaning it, but after picking up a smaller siphon I haven't had any issues since.

I suggest doing a DIY Divider though, like so: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/
Easy, cheap, and much sturdier then those flimsy store bought dividers. I suggest doubling up on the craft mesh though, it keeps it a little straighter and sturdier and your fish won't be able to see each other QUITE as well IME.

Best of luck! ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #5 
Teambetta41299

Thanks guys!! I'm still debating because he seems happy having the tank all to himself..I don't wanna ruin his happiness. :/ But I do want another betta and can't get another tank. :/ Oh, I also have a snail..
Old 08-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #6 
Teambetta41299

By the way dragonfish, I love your signature!! I think that's what it's called. :) I'm new.. :)
Old 08-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #7 
Goldie2nd

I found how to make the store bought divider sturdier and if anything I can buy another one and put it in my 10g maybe like the mesh part anyways. :)
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #8 
DragonFish

Ahhh, thank you! ^-^ I made it myself. Its not finished yet, I have five more boys to try and fit in it, lol. xD
And welcome! :)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #9 
Goldie2nd

YesDragon fish love your signature : I need to make one of all my past and curent Bettas. Anywas I figured out how to stable the bought divider by the way so the fish will each have a spot. well tow of them the other I need t get another 3g or 5g tank :)
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #10 
lillyandquigly

did you shrink the picture and black outline it? They look so...real
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, question, split tank, tank