Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #101 
prodrumernate

i just got back from petco as well :) got me a new guy.just got home...

jeez i wish they had girls like her..thats y i went to petco was to see if they had any colorful bettas.of course they did in males.but not the females..i got a male though.great colors.double tail :) send me her ;)
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #102 
pyro fiend

nice man. i didnt get to go :( lol u shoulda got nother girl ur 2 away from a all girl tank :P

pff u wish you could hav her ;p shes awesome! cute little gal. so many colors.. she stresses out easy. wen i picked up her cup she was all colored i looked away to look at the other one i was debating on [a not so pretty one] looked back and BAM huge stress stripes -.- lol shes amazing tho rly active eats well. i luv her :3
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #103 
prodrumernate

i thought about getting a few more females.but when i seen this male i was like gotta have him :)

im also in a dilemma.i could start a sorority if im able to figure out what to do with my mollies...ive been reading and told different things about their tank sizes..i read minimum is 10 gallon then 20 gallon and even 30 gallons as a minimum.i have 8..7 male and 1 pregnant female..i have my 20 gallon hex that is fully cycled now and has 4 minnows in it.thought of putting my mollies in there.people seem to be against that..yet read online i can have about 8 mollies in my 20 gallon...so now im not sure.want to clear out my 2nd 10 to divide for my male bettas.what a lot of confusion ;)

yes i agree with u..and to have her breed with my new male.i can only image how the colors would be.ill upload some pics of him once he gets use to me and allows me to take a couple pix.he is in a temp half gallon bowl until i finish making tank dividers and decide what to do with these mollies..

i know its hard to decide at times.the other 1 i was choosing between was just a darker color.pretty much the same colors.just different shades.if i had the space and money i would have got them both...the sad part about it all was as i was looking through the bettas.i fount 2 dead ones :( poor guys.didnt have a chance.i gave it to 1 of the workers.then put the other dead one in a workers cart.

these bettas are addictive.ill go bankrupt soon haha
Old 09-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #104 
pyro fiend

ikr! im bout [thinking it.. not 100% yet]to sell my 55g so i can buy a slightly smaller tank for growout [tho 55 wld be perfect im sure.. but i dubt id be able to sell most of them lmao especially sence all my bettas r veil -.- ill need get a ct fem :( or double//hm boy. cuz this new giel is amazing shes like jus wow :D so many colors shes like a holographic card ;P
Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #105 
prodrumernate

both my females are VY and 1 male is VT the new male is double tail.i read somewhere when breeding them.to make sure to have like 1 double tail mail and would be fine with a VT female.the double tail would dominate and i would have double tail fry..bot sure if i read that correctly.i already forgot...

now the problem also comes down to naming them.im not 1 to name pets.but have just recently to make it easier to talk about them on here.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #106 
pyro fiend

lol i usually nme my fish based off there colors.. the blu n red girl i thought about naming her nova ;p lol maybe jewl for the new girl :D ;p

but hmm may look into tht. might evn pull out some dvt from that litter :O!!!! -.- search i must.. ima look around and see whats growout tank size need to be cuz if its 55 ima hafta keep mine haha DX
Old 09-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #107 
prodrumernate

thats a good idea..though mine is multi color,white,red,blue, light green or turquoise.

id keep the 55 as a growout tank no matter what..1 they arent cheap to come by.2 u know the condition its in..if i had the room here.id have atleast a 50 gallon myself.i didnt even have room for my new 10...i some how managed to get it in here.i may have room for a 2 gallon underneath my other 10 gallon next to my 2..but thats about it.im surprised my dad hasnt said anything about it.but he enjoys the fish as well ;) IMO keep the 55 no matter what.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #108 
pyro fiend

yea but thts like 50bucks-55bucks there is a sale every yr o so around here tanks r 1dollar per gallon =p n mine dnt hav the top plastic support thing idk if thts ok or not id imagine it is tho [its still holding water lmao] but some ppl r saying bout 35 is ok it looks like o.0 [hav one but it will not hold water.. no cilicone thnks to rats and a big crack.. foo lol] but i have no room for a 55 XD
Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #109 
prodrumernate

they have that going on at petco here.40 bucks even for a 40 gallon.i was like wow.wish i was working and had the space.i thought about arranging my bed in a way i could use a tank stand as a back since i have a futon mattress.but my dad keeps saying tanks that size r too big.......

oh u mean the top bracket thing that goes all the way around it?it will hold.as long as its siliconed well..the rim piece is more of a show type thing..i dont think it has much function other than that.ive seen 100 gallon tanks that didnt have a rim.only other support it had was a piece of glass in the middle that keeps it from bowing..how thick is ur glass for the 55?

u can buy silicon cheap at a hardware store..i did.i patched up a big crack at the bottom of my hex and then re did the silicon on the corners.holding water and fish and everything.no leaks whats so ever.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #110 
pyro fiend

it holds water but here ill upload a pic.. the center plastic peice i thnk it is used for bowing idk lol i always thought was just so glass cld sit on it

but tell him to get you a 75 n buy some 2"x4"x10's and make your own stand for it. or spend the **** ton of money buying one lol im bout to make my 55 a stand n try find a place for it o.0

pics lil old but u can see plastic on middles missing at top [the last c on the tank rest r bun marks from buddy b4 bought from him] also has reptile heater [again kinda old no longer there lmao] atm its sitting outside for nothing i sometimes let my turtles go out there [tho may let both go now idk feel kinda bad may try buy a baby :s] and its growing lil algea thought about gettin ghost shrimp n fattening them up by puting them in highly algead tank befor adding them to the betta tanks o.0 but then read ghost shrimp can jump out -.- so dk there lmao ig it give me something to clean? o.0
Attached Images