Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #111 
prodrumernate

ah its the center support bracket.thats actually an easy fix.any piece of plastic atleast an inch wide and stretches across it will work by just siliconing it where the other was..or even using some rope will work as well.u dont want it to bow out so if its rope and a little loose when the tank is empty is fine.as long as it doesnt bow out too far anything will work...

i thought a while back about getting ghost shrimp.even thought about it earlier this morning.but have read many times bettas make a snack of them..rite now i have 2 mystery snails and an oto in my 10 with 1 of my girls.they are fine together...

that would be something to clean.heck would even work as a summer time outside breeder or out side tank in general..like on a porch or patio..
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #112 
pyro fiend

-shrug- ig ill go empty it ;[ lol it was used for a snake for a wiel but i upgraded to a rack system :P iv seen ppl bolt it in place actually lmaoo but again i thought was for glas to sit on top of it
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #113 
prodrumernate

i think glass sits on it and acts as a middle brace for anything on it.but its used to keep a tank from bowing out too much ;)
Old 09-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #114 
pyro fiend

oh well ill just use it for reptiles then :(
Old 09-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #115 
prodrumernate

u can still use it for fish as long as u add on a support bracket there..or glass..as well as a rope..small rope..especially like the nylon rope u can get cheaply at a store.the outward force exerted wont be as much as like the downward force...so u dont need anything big and bulky..id say even a few strands of fishing like would work.and just silicon it down...u can fill it up and see how much it bows.if its very small it would be fine.but if it bows a lot and u put like a leveler on it and titter totters then it needs support.but if its just a slight bow its fine
Old 09-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #116 
pyro fiend

skrew that to much work! XD
Old 09-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #117 
prodrumernate

oh thats not much..u should see all the work im doing here for my tanks ;) i just cute out a hex hood using only a hand saw and some sand paper....i tarted at 9am and finished at 2pm only stopping to use the bathroom or get something to drink..i still got more to do to the hood.including lighting..

then im going to make some fake plants using some fake leaves i fount outside near the trash(after i do some major cleaning of them)then im making dividers for my tank as well..relocating about 10 fish..i now realized i have a lot of work to do jeez....

heck if i was there i would fix ur tank for nothing except the fun and experience of doing it and hanging out :) but i understand,,,i was going to do the samething to my 20 long..imm like never mind.dont feel like dealing with it haha.im on the same boat as u about that ;)
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #118 
pyro fiend

gasp he eated his tail?! :<

and haha nigguh i go alot more then that half the time. ur just doing this one day. i baths rats weekly change bedding for about 30 rats+ feed them all daylie fresh scraps alot of time daylie waterchangs on turtles -.- soo much ****.. ev few weeks i gta walk mileor 3 carrying a 10g tank with 5-20 rats -.- LMAO i aint got any plexiglass if i did id fix it.. but im not even gonna bother XD not unless i need it :P
Old 09-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #119 
pyro fiend

maybe i have an idea.. it has a screen lid.. he screen does hav spaces on the corners for like wires for your animal.. if i put lil board or even popsycle sticks on the screenin that one spot and keep it on 99% of time the hose for a sponge filter can go in.. and i can have a baby growout tank?! :D:D:D:D do i get a prize for winning?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #120 
prodrumernate

haha no he is a doubtail :)

i told my dad the other day i wanted to get a hamster.he said thats the last thing we need,more rats..im thinking..we dont have any rats...i should say oh i got a friend online who will send me 30 rats for free and see how he reacts.though its a joke haha..i worry about getn bit..its a big reason y i dont like snakes.not scared of snakes.scared of snake bite.as well as any pet rodents.hamsters,mice,rats,etc....

haha yes u get a prize for winning.the happiness of knowing u thought it up ;) since ur not gonna use it rite now thats definitely a reason not to worry about fixing it :)