Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #131 
pyro fiend

haha shes slow in all ways :\ but she does well on feeding n filling up bottles for them lmao XD it takes 4weeks for babys to devolop smarty pants ;P bout 4-5weeks after sex they hav babies :P not overnight ;p

nah i go school tues thurs 5pm-8pm ;P so itl be easy :) but i just got back from petco.. and i fail at life.. goin back tomarrow n gettin either a king [they were both pk i thnk may get both if there cheap] and a 10-20g tank :) there doin 1g=1$ atm =] and i still got 40 left XD may get a 20long/20 normal and try to divide it 4-5 times :) bu mom dnt evn like idea of 5-10 so idk ik i wnt a 10 tho! might get cories.. but they wer elike 2sumthn ea :C 12 bucks?! YUCK!! lol

2 kings were at petco today may look petsmart tomarrow befor i go to petco with final decision. there fins were pretty tattered. but looked like pk's i did find a bunch of hm double tail pk :O im like WTF GOW CAN YOU TELL THE SEX!!! LOLalmsot got a lil black crown but decided for a hmdt :)

heres my boy in his cup ill take anothr pic l8r.. also adding a pic of the tank now with 2 new plants.. debating on were to put the 3rd amazon sword [seen floating] hought bout behind the wood. but id think thatt strong filter would eatz it =[
Attached Images

pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #132 
prodrumernate

hey at least she can feed and fill up their bottles ;) lol haha slow in all ways huh..i didnt know that much about rats...there was also a question about turtles i wanted to ask u for my friend here.but i forgot already..had a very long and busy day..just now got to stop and rite after this im out like a light..

not in school very long.but its a lot longer than me ;) haha fail at life,or is it that life just failed u?hmmm...ive got about 20-30 left i think.if i had space i grab a 20 long myself.actually a 30 for my mollies.but surely no room for that.barely room for another 5..thats really not bad for corys.albino? im not sure how much they are here.i would assume the same..i want some.but dont have the space in my tanks for them.well maybe in my 10 divided.but wouldnt do any good if they arent together in a group..

which reminds me...would neon tetra be ok in my 10 divided?like maybe 3 on each side?with my 2 male bettas?

i seen like 3 or 4 kings the other day at petco.shoulda grabbed 1.i dont know if petsmart sells kings.on the website they just have veil tails and crowns...i couldnt remember if they sold any other variety.bcuz i wanted to see if they have double tails and how much.as many times ive gone in there and looked.i cant remember..its ur fault...i know ur doing something to my mind pyro...buah haha..

shame they do a poor job of taking care of their bettas.

oh wow i love his colors....gimme!!!haha...i was going to get some plants a deco today to have an asian theme on 1 side of my divded..got side tracked when a neighbor/manager of the apartment here said come down to this evicted apartment and grab all the computer stuff u want...im like ok.all of a sudden i grab my dad to help me.i now have 6 computers.laptop parts including hard drives,,a work PS3 i was playing on earlier.but no games or controllers,i just use mouse and keyboard..my living room is packed...but no fish stuff dern it..

i like those amazon swords.wish they were asian
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #133 
pyro fiend

the amazon swords look kinda asian ;p look like seaweed haha XD especialaly crumped up like they are in tht small container :P

yea hes got red white and blue haha!! i thnk ima get a 10. ir 2 5.5's not sure yet. i thnk ima make as stand for f few 10sl and take my 50g outside sence i thnk ima release both turtles [getting hella cold n have them outside in a tote newho to enduce natural instincts for wen i relese big girl.. may keep painted in the lil tote and just keep doin the hellatius water changes o.0 and make her something to float on so i dnt gta waist 24bucks on a floating dock XD

uh tetras are schooling fish so youd need 5 per side i think thatd put you overstocked. you could use a few of the mollies. mollies arnt schoolers. or could go buy new mollies or platties/sword tails. thought about getting some swords yesterday but last time i did they died within a month -.-

ik today ima be getting a king. and a tank. aint decided the tank size. im thinkin 5.5 just for the king. maybe use some offcutings later from npt to give him some plants cuz once my females go into the npt ill have like 3 1gs free.. lol also prob gettin a 3rd maybe even a 4th female depends on how much kings are :3 victory dance? i think so!! XD
Old 09-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #134 
prodrumernate

i want something thats short and thick like amazon swords so they dont get to high in the back but look more full..but i want strictly asian plants trying to create as close a habitat as i can for 1 betta..

2 5.5 wouldnt be bad.,.if i could id get a 5 myself.i can afford just the tank,but not the filter.and really the hood for it..which will cause a problem.i can make a filter,i have over 100 pounds of gravel sitting outside,to which i gave some to a friend for his turtle and used some in my other 10...im making my own fake plants rite now.so it comes down to basically another tank and hood.

thats a good idea,having the turtles outside to get them use to their environment and their instincts to kick in. my friend here uses brick and a plastic tray for his turtles to get on top of...i try to convince him to get rid of some,,he has too many in a 30 gallon long.

thats what i was afraid of...had to put 5 on each side..and it would be over stocking it...im worried my males might be too aggressive towards the mollies..my 20 gallon is over stocked now and wont leave the female alone..but thats the only place i can keep them rite now.

i think it would be good to get the king his own 5 due to the size of him.and go with a certain theme.if i had more money id do the same.but once im working i might do that.i culd divide my other 10 that has 1 female betta and my snails and oto in it..and add my other female.then use my 2 gallon for a king for now.hmmm...decisions,decisions..

indeed a victory dance is in order...i forgot how much kings are.i think 12 or 13..that would take nearly all the money i have..
Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #135 
pyro fiend

lol yea ikr im lucky i got 41.08 left ;) lol i think ill get a 5.5 just one. get it for him. maybe get a lil gravel and a fake plant [maybe i got one in my 10g they wldnt miss it im sure] not sure yet. i at petsmart one of there bettas was 15 last time. but they looked like hmpkdt's what a mouthfull XD

ima go smart first n look then co. cuz ik ima get the tank at co. but ima need to alot of water changes unless i take big filte rout for the big boy :P tho soon i do need take tht filter out.. maybe even find it a new cartrage. buddy keeps saying keep it im like "dude.. i dont need it.. i need 10-15s not 30s lol" but even if they are 15 at co then thts only 20 bucks ill still have 17 or so aftr taxes lol :P maybe less if i get some gravel [tho i have alot of sand i can just wash that out like i did for npt.. idk i cnt decide D';]
Old 09-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #136 
prodrumernate

send me some money ;) ive got 23 and some change...i just had a guy email me saying he has a 5 gallon he will sell me for 5 bucks..not bad..no lid or anything.but he also has a small hex id say no bigger than a 5..has everything i need in it..u should try checking out craigslist as well..u can find some great cheap stuff there.of course u just have to do extra cleaning which isnt bad..pet smart does sell kings there as well?website doesnt have anything but VT and CT listed.but could swear ive seen more..

instead of a new cartridge just use an AQ sponge.thats what i have in all my filters.works better and easier to clean.i got 100 pounds of sand at homedepot and used some in my 20..i want to see what its like taking care of sand...id go with sand since u have it and save some money..i have over 100 pounds of rocks so it doesnt matter what i use.ive got way more than i need...
Old 09-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #137 
pyro fiend

well was out all day at family members and mom talked me out of the king for now. she said shed take me to the KC expo next weekend.. better bet i AM getting a new pet even if i dont have the 100$ im supposed to get friday :D ill see what i have left wfter raiding the expo.. prob gna come home with 2-3 new pets ;P maybe even a bunnch more feeders to try n breed XD then the king will have to wait prob XD i luv the thought of yet another betta.. but scaies r much easier to take care of and im hoping to get either a lil morph male.fem or big larg normal female ball python to add to my home breeding collection :D plus itl give petco time to get better kings in ig huh? :P
Old 09-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #138 
prodrumernate

i went to the kc expo a few years back.they had 1 guy with like a 10 snake.around his shoulders.as soon as i seen that i walked away..then my older bro held 1 of the spiders.im like nope dont wana touch it..i enjoyed it though.wish i could go again.but im 1300 miles away..i have 2 of my bros out in the kcmo area rite now...i too didnt even get another pet today or anything when i went to petsmart.i decided to hold onto my last 20 bucks..since i got this ps3 now.i need to get a control for it..i got a game for 3 dollars that i can use mouse and keyboard.but the ps3 wont play even demo games so im reformatting it.and try again :) id like to see pics of the expo when u go
Old 09-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #139 
pyro fiend

oh dont make me.. ill go picture happy.. i hate the camera but itl be my first expo. haha ill be happier then a mofo o.0 i may take some pics put them on an almum on here :) if i get excited enough.. bettafish.com may even have a pic where you can see me :O lol scarry thought..

~~warnng under no circumstance am i accountable for screen cracking, computer crashing. laptop explosions or perminant emotional scaring... any electrical problem should be taken to prodrummernate for great deals and any emotonal scaring should be delt with on your own time~this has been a world wide warning anouncment!~~

LOL
Old 09-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #140 
pyro fiend

i just put the hmdt in the 20 and flash in a 1g lol i wna see the hmdt's colors so bad hes sooo pretty :C