Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-14-2012, 03:00 AM   #161 
prodrumernate

i thought thats what it mean.i guess i didnt forget after all ;)

from the pix its like his tail was shaved off and part of his body at the tail as well..i dont think that could have been another fish unless its like a piranha or something..of course i havent really seen what bettas can actually do..well except when 1 of my females was dead.i can see spots where she was ate up at..maybe the goby is territorial at times?i dont know much about them...

i would post and find out if it could have been from another fish or something else.unless he was fin nipping.but the damage to his body,i know he wouldnt cause..
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #162 
pyro fiend

exacly why i think its the goby lol -.- but they dnt rly have teeth o.0 n clcdnt be my filter. plus he had no fin rot so cldnt b tht at all :P [not to mention those fins wre there 12hrs befor :O

:( one of the giant girls the 3iner died </3 idk if its cuz it got so cold cuz my heater got knocked over and it auto shuts off. or if she was just sick :\ other ones bearly hanging in there. shes moving more now tht its heating up tho it seems. smaller girls r stil active n boys all are fine maybe its because she was a wm betta.. idk :( she was one who had vertical bars too :'[ </3
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #163 
prodrumernate

i would do some research on the goby..now i wonder what it could be...

oh poor girl :( i think it had to do something with possibly being so stress and poorly taken care of at the store as i fount 2 dead bettas at petco 1 time...its gotta be stress that did her off..if the other is acting sluggish etc,id cover her up or keep her in dark place to let her settle in.i had to do it
Old 09-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #164 
pyro fiend

well idk there was 5 big girls at petco 2 had dropsy :( now lookin at the 1st deadone she may have been just sick. cuz now 2nd big girl is dead too -.- neither had pineconed scales tho :C

iv done tons of reasearch on the goby ima just give it to someone -.- or trade for pleco/some shrimp lol -.-
Old 09-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #165 
prodrumernate

id bring them back and either replace or get ur money back..and try to send an online complaint to walmart corp bout it.thats pathetic how they treat the fish and everything..sneak some epsom salt into their water ;)

sometimes pet stores will make a little trade...but probably better an easier to do it to some1 local.like on craigslist or a LFS maybe..though ghost shrimp r cheap.but i read bettas love making a meal of them
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #166 
pyro fiend

the exact point y id trade lol. get a lil 10g goin with them breeding lol. thatd me nice ;P but my petco dnt do trades "it polutes their waters to take in fish" as if there waters aint tainted.. nvr got a fish from them in yrs who lived over a month -.- itk on petsmart they just opened. wm only does like 7day on fish -.- its been like 2months n idk were receipt is lol -.-

epsom. thought it was aq salt. thought epson made there water harder and moe ph not better
Old 09-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #167 
prodrumernate

lol pollutes their waters?lmao haha petco ur funny..agree with u...their water is tainted.im actually kinda shocked my doubletail is still alive from petco..dont worry i lost some of my receipts as well ;)

epsom salt is good for internal paraites,constipation and bloating things like that...im not sure if it highers ph and make the water harder..thats something i do need to check into..
Old 09-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #168 
pyro fiend

m sure thats what i read somewere [not this forum tho] is sence it aint aq salt to raise the salinity it makes it harder and raises the ph :3

but yea tainted as a mofo lol im also surprized my dt is alive. i was gna get a king today but my petco had only 2 one was veil other was pk. n they had tore fins.. the veil..nearly looked like a ct -.- lol..

i think someone in my town is willing to trade him for a small pleco :3 yay id rather hav a pleco then this terrible effer... just looked around town to find stuff to make a divider [i have mesh tho] and cant find those other things.. :( idr wat they are called.. binder devider slips? somethin like that lol i looked in every inch of office max, michaels and office depot here -.- iv yet to check walmart tho lol
Old 09-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #169 
prodrumernate

i wouldnt be surprised..i use it in hospital tanks so of course i never check there ;)

jeez we need to slap them..and those who know about bettas and fish should over run the stores and teach them a thing or 2..or 3

plecos get big..i thought they need a minimum of like 50 gallon tanks.i had 1...it died a week later..oh ur talking about report spines..they come in a pack of 6 at walmart for like 2 dollars.thats what i made my from...they are in the section where u find office supplies like bubble wrap and things like that.i had to search a while.kept looking in the school supply section.where they also have packing tape and things like that..in office max they are where the binders are at..u culd ask a worker there.i did.and then realized my dad and i walked rite by them...twice..michaels doesnt sell them.but they do sell poster hangers which are the samething but they come in a pack of 2 that r 24 inches each.they are expensive though..

ive gone thru all that looking for them.cheapest is at walmart..my female molly was stuck in my powerhead filter where the airtube outlet is.thought she was dead.turned the pump off.to my surprise she was swimming.had a long day taking care of her.she isnt as eggy as before..but still looks a little eggy..jeez stressful day..but try looking in walmart..just gotta look closely though ;)
Old 09-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #170 
pyro fiend

ya i found what they are called ima go out tomorrow and get some :) lol yea i looked all over office depot forgot their real name i kpt thinking 'binder divider slips/spines" or something like that so looked every inch of both office supplies. wm.com says one my wm here have them so ima check it out :3 both ofice stores had like nothing in the binders area.. just pens paper and some tabs and binders ofc.

they do need big tanks. but itl be a 2.5-3in one so the 10 to help cycle again then the 20 will do for a lil while itl help the bioload to keep the filtering good enough for 4 girls.. i do however plan on getting a bigger tank like a 55 and slowly plant it with offcuts and put pleco in there when its larger. but they arnt the quickest growers in my personal history. but once i get hease plants growing nice and spread out quickly ima add girls. then ill be working on a big tank just to admire in one the front rooms prob. or even heavly plant a 10 :3 thatd be sexy... a 10g planted heavily with all swords lol XD [they are my favorite.. idk y lol prob cuz only fake plant they sell around here looks like hawthorn llol] [tho the petsmart sell ugly a** colored ones ment for a blacklight lmao like a pure purple amazon sword, pink hawthorn bright green anubia.. so effin ugly lol]

for sure makin a divider in the morning :) and gna trade the dragon. cnt decide if i wana do 1 or 2 deviders for 10. if i do 2 i can put the 'purple' and the 2 girls wiel the orange boy is still hospitalling :c [may die idk gota get aq salt tht aint sold here -.-lol] but both girls are like super small and i dnt worry bout anythng if i only split it in 2.. they are super tiny even in the 1gs lol one was put in a 1/4g jar durirng waterchange. she loves it o.0 tho she will be goin back to a 1g if she dont go in 10g lol-- maybe do a 3 way tank. and give boy half. and give girls smaller part of tank?[on opposite sides] they seem to love the 1gs and theyd be lost in that big of a thing... hen when/if orange heals i can make them equal 1/3 spacing and put all 3 boys? o.0 itl be bare pretty much tho cuz i dnt own alot of fake plants.. lol but theyl live for a few weeks til i put live or fake in there..i think ;p
opinion buddy?:)

ps thnx for hint on were report covers are

Last edited by pyro fiend; 09-16-2012 at 02:06 AM.