Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #171 
prodrumernate

they are there even i thought they didnt have any until i asked..they were rite under my nose..i was like jeez we walked by them so many times..i was expecting a different package or setup or something.

i want to heavily plant my tank..considering how much the plants cost it will take a while.not to mention 1 of my 10 has tons of algae i cant seem to get rid of..grr...the snails and oto arent even keeping up..now im doing more water changes...if i had the room id get a 50 and surly make a heavy planter out of it...especially going with an asian theme..i probably could get some swords pretty cheap.my dads ex wife is from brazil.so her family is there and i know them.could ask them to mail me a lot haha..but dont wana bother them or anything..

id becareful putting male and females in divided tank.from what i heard it can drive the males crazy etc...i was gonna do it..but since i got this other 10..i just went with the 2 males and can make another divider if i want to add another male....id surly go with 1/3 pacing and add 3 males..u can do a different theme on each part.as i plan to do..once i get the money..i only have a few live plants on each side rite now and 1 decor on 1 side..plus i made them resting leaves i put up high on the side...

surly do a male divided.if u got a second 10 make that ur female divided or sorority,im also going to make my own fake plants with some fake leaves i fount out in the garbage.its what i made the little hammocks with for my 2 males..

no problem at all..jut dont want u spending hours searching or anything ;)
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #172 
pyro fiend

i only got 1 10 atm =\ this time ima go to wm and ask someone to find a the product number -.-

i planned on making males divided and using 2 or 3 sheets so they cant see each other :) but i only got one 10 :c do u have your algae one near a window or something? ik my last 10g i had near a window and i had one hell of a time with algae lol maybe ill ignore this guy who wanted a trade dragon for pleco. and try get a otto? my lps dnt have otto only albino corys and "snails" along with plecos ofcourse..:\

i may just get 2 more small girls and add them to this unfinished tank and see how they act.. if hey r fine let them be.. if not put them in a divided tank :\
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #173 
prodrumernate

u didnt find it at walmart?

i was going to take my other sheet of canvas and put it in with the other so they males couldnt see each other.but they are fine.so im like well ill make another divider in case i need or want to divide my other 10....none of my tanks r near a window.in fact the algae 1 is the furthest..

i think otos would be a lot better especially for small tanks.but ive learned that mystery snails eat up algae very fast compared to otos..cory would work.of course u need a group of them,5 or more...snails are great.better than i thought.

that would work.of course try to find the least aggressive if possible..now that i have 2 10's...i can divide them up a few more times and add a few more if i wanted plus my hospital tanks as well..
Old 09-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #174 
pyro fiend

nope nope.cldnt find them at all looked in school supplies, office supplies and even back with bubble wrap n stuff :C im half a** tempted to send you like 10 bucks and say mail me a pack XD lmaoo

well corys are like 3bucks here.. 15bucks for a group of corries.. no bueno imo ....lol snails.. my lps dnt say wat kind its a tank overrun with snails of 3+ kinda and just says "snails $1.--" ik one i seen in there was an apple. others idk XD if they are that over run.. i dont even wana chance one.. lol it might turn into 1million and one XD

but orange one who had fins nipped died last night so im down to hmdt, and the 3 viels[2grls ofc] :\ i dnt need to divide it as much as i planned now :\
Old 09-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #175 
prodrumernate

they arent in school supplies.they are in the ection where they sell bubble wrap and other office supplies..they are hard to find bcuz of how they r displaying.they look like they are in a package like regular report covers..it took me a while to find.even though i kept walking rite by them.even looking at them.here is a link to what the look like.its from walmart itself.the exact kind i have..

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sliding-Ba...-Pack/17480402

that actually cheap for corys compared to here.i think they r 6 bucks each..but even at 3 dollars.still expensive.the last time i checked oto were on sale for 1.30...my snails cost me 3 bucks each..mystery snails/nerite..they do a great job though..apple snails get huge..some snails r a-sexual so they will reproduce fast.mine havent.but mine arent a-sexual..

oh poor guy :( culd always divide and get more if u decide too..good thing about bigger tanks :)
Old 09-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #176 
pyro fiend

iv nvr seen ottos here. iv only seen a otto in a pic on here. lol i dnt thnk mine sell them.. if its cheap.. i might thnk bout it.. but doubt it but i dnt have a air pump for them so may just pass on that. idk wat kinda snails its a small localy owned one who has them petco dnt have them now. but idk were get them i may look on ebay for the covers tho im tired of looking ;p may hit up ab to see otto prices :3
Old 09-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #177 
prodrumernate

i got mine at petsmart..they r pretty good little fish.dont get big.easy to take care of..the filter should be fine instead of an air pump.as long as there isnt a thousand of them in a small tank.or u can stand there and use a straw to blow bubbles in the tank ;) ab would be a good place to check..if i had the money id order from there.especially some plants..
Old 09-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #178 
pyro fiend

oh how lovely i went tonight looked all over in both sections and evn asked a employee at wm and hes like "oh we dont carry those.." im like uh bull s&$^ wm.com says u do.. hes like 'oh no it must be an error we dont carry those" >.< kjsfkvbakfbqebfysbdfabf shoot me now! lol

but hell i cnt find thease devider things -.- mail me some buddy ill pay lmao ;P ebay had them expensiv.. ebay had 2pks for like 10bucks with 4sumthing shipping.. cheapest one was 18bucks free shipping.. for 50 slide on things -.- lol wth.. i dnt need 25 dividers!! :( i dont even want 15 tanks XD

i looked on ab for otos.. to expensiv imo lol id rather hav nothing but bettas at the 15$ for closest one to me.. it was like they were in ks and it was like 15 for the 'wild color' fish and 5sumthin for priority [id be afraid to do priority] or like 10 for ground shipping to mo or ks area.. im like dude.. eff dat! id rather get a pleco and have to give it a new home it 5 months lol

tho i have good news.. my substrate tho i messed up when i did it. seems to be good enough iv got growth on my swords. a lil on amazons [recently added] and like 1in leafs on some of the argintine :D yayness!!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #179 
prodrumernate

that guy is dumb.they do carry it.u can go to wm.com and check to see if its in stock at ur wm..thats what i did..its just not something that can easily be fount or is something that i looked for a lot..took me an hour to find it.but most of the time was spent in school supply section.then it hit me in the last 15 minutes to check in office supplies.boom.hit me like a brick wall as soon as i seen it..

dont shoot urself.shoot the employee ;) for being dumb

thats way too many.walmart has like a 50 pack for around 18 dollars.something like that..i checked online when i fount the image for u earlier..did u give them the item number?they can use the sapphires there to check the system and see if they have in stock..i know better.worked at target,and toys r us for 3 years.so i know how all that works.

heck u have the space to home him when he is bigger.i was originally going to just give mine away once he was too big for the tank.and go get another.until i learned about otos...

whats ur postal code?ill search walmart for those spines and even search nearby pet stores for the otos if u like..

that is good news :) atleast something good is coming out of all this ;)
Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #180 
pyro fiend

im 64501 lol but wm says they have it but u cant order it online or nethng.. iv waisted so much gas going to north belt south belt north belt south belt north belt south belt uuugh lmao i forgot to get product number cuz it wa skinda las tmin thing moms like 'get ur shoes on im like yaaay :D -run run run- ill hopefully be goin to petco tomarrow afternoon n ill be looking for otos :) thats their real name right? oto cats?

yea i do but i dont have a filter for him lol filters are a pain!! lol

yea ikr!! im waiting for a later date when to maybe get some top soil and clean it right this time and try heavily plant only swords in 10g's ;P i have all the room for 10gs just not got stands lmao ;p set my 50gbreeder back up for snakes yesterday so i can make sure my new boy gets his work done lol and also so i can adequitly heat the pair this winter cuz my rooms coldest in house n my rack aint got heat tape yet :\ just heat pads against sides lmao XD so ill have heat pads and lighting to keep them nice and toasty ;)