Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #181 
prodrumernate

2 walmarts in ur area have limited stock..1 in excelsior springs has them..i use to go to job corp there :) so i know the walmart there..try calling them with the product number.make an employee go look.they can determine exactly where they should be at and check..that way u dont spend time and gas doing it..try both walmarts near u.closest to the postal code,this number (816) 232-9819 and then the other is (816) 390-8400...didnt know st joe had 816 area code also.thought it was only for the kcmo area..

petsmart says they have otos there in stock..still on sale for 1.30 original is 2.59..i may get 2 more myself..

St Joseph #2309
4226 N Belt Hwy
St Joseph, Missouri 64506
(816) 385-5438
2.69 miles

id make a cheap filter if u have any power heads ;) just make sure to cover up the air tube intake.dont wana end up like my molly.shes very bad now.had to post about her and get some help..

get a little portable heater..they r cheap and very effective at keeping a room warm..wish i had more room for tanks.if we had a house.my room would be nothing but aquariums.id be sleeping on them haha ;) ur boy gonna get lucky huh? ;) i want to see some pix of the snakes..
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:13 AM   #182 
pyro fiend

lol yea i hope so ;P both mine i have at home r normal balls. i do have pics ill add them to my photos here soon lol so i dnt get to offtopic. i do work with my buddy n we breed alot of snakes. tho most r mine [but he had buy them cuz i didnt have creditcard] but he claims he paid for them.. when all he did was just used card i gave him the cash and a few extra bucks, he does most the work sence hes in savannah mo, lol but anywho back on topic ;P

i dont like goin out of town for things lol iv lived here all my life id rather deal with 1-3gs then trying to find a dif towns wm lol. il def try visit petco ad petsmart today and look otos are kinda cute but idk if id trust it lol. i may just say 3bucks gets the dragon [i think i payed like 8] so i can make sure otos are healthy but id need a hiding place for them huh? ;\

i dnt hav powerheads if i did id make them myself lol im quite good with my hands and have all the time in the world lol i do have a heater in my room ;p it keeps my 1gs warm l8ly ;p hells its been like 30-40 in am 70-80 durring day then 30 at night lol -.-
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #183 
prodrumernate

in the snake business..id say use the basement to breed..depending on the temp down in it..

otos can be trusted.infact if i didnt know i bought it.i wouldnt know it was there..i can see mine rite now hiding in a floating plant that has algae on it..they like to stay where ever algae is.doent really need a hiding place.but like lightly planted tanks.though i dont think it matters as long as its fed ;) my female betta in with it is very aggressive..but never bothers the oto..he looks the same as if i got him from the store but only fatter since he has tons of food..he has been in there for over a month with her.

thats how i am.made 3 filters so far..1 power head and 2 moving bed filters.all work perfectly..except when my molly got sucked into it.but put a net of it.no more problems..i think my female molly is about to die though.he gets worse by the minute..

we r now getting in the mid 70's for our lows.highs.around 100..during christmas i can walk outside in shorts and a shirt and be comfy.during the day tho.at night it can get cold.i remember the weather there in kcmo.i liked it.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #184 
pyro fiend

its great weather lol u should come back lol then we can dig that pond ;P lol

but sweet i may just take tht dragon to the guy and go buy 3 or 4 ottos iv had some brown algea pop up :( i just clean it. itl be cleaned by the ottos now wen i get them :3 plus i have algae wafers ;p
Old 09-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #185 
prodrumernate

heck yeah.i tried talking my dad into finding a job there.i have nowhere there to go.its y im back here ;) grab some shovels.get to digging ;)

i would get atleast 3 otos..though i have 1 oto and 2 mystery snails..im still having problems with the diatoms..u may still have to do some cleaning from time to time.i also have bad green algae..when doing water changes i pull a lot of the decor and fake plants out to help rid of the algae..it comes back a couple days later..i think it has something to do with my lighting though.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #186 
pyro fiend

yea if u leave your tank light off for a few days it should deminish lol get a lower wattage bulb or dont put a light on :P

i literally just got back.. just got in door planted my plant and you emailed me lol. i got 3 ottos. i got to petco to get an anubia [hoping its nana it says 'assorted'] and was gna get a dif thng but they only had what i already had in the tank, some terrarium plants a dead hawthorn looking plant and a "asian aquatic fern" idk wth tht is so i wnt mess with it lol petco had ottos for 1.74 so i went to petsmart they had none n said theyl get a shipment in tomorrow [oddly the employee was telling me alot about them i already read and saying he has some in his 75g comunity tank. i was astounded he knew anything let alone had a fish!!GASP!!!] and mom was tired of running me around -.- so had to go get them from petco i did get 3.. the hmdt is sitting in a cup on a cage wiel the ottos are aclimating :) hey r so cute.. do they get stress stripes? they all have a stripe down them, but the stock photos dont show the stripes.. mine are all little 1-1.5 tubby things <3
Old 09-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #187 
pyro fiend

i actually think i just lost a 2dollar oto -.- i netted them with a big net out of bag, had 2 in the net, and i accedently hit a sharp point on the screen top.. i dumped fish in the tank.. only seen one.. only one was left in bag.. i dumped entire bag into the tank at my tnks health's risk. hoping the other was behind one.. now i can only find 1 otto.. searched floor.. cant find the 3rd </3
Old 09-19-2012, 12:44 AM   #188 
pyro fiend

2 otto** just noticed tht mistake.. i still only finding 2.. my hmdt is still cupped cuz there so small :O how big do these things get?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #189 
prodrumernate

my dad hates running me around a lot.i sometimes take his car.but since walmart,petco and petsmart r all within 2 miles or less of me.petsmart and walmart half mile away..i can walk there.

they have a black stripe going down the side.thats normal...they get stressed very easily.so putting them in the tank wont be a surprise if 1 dies very soon.ive lost 3 already.actually lost 1 when i got home.i think he died while i was at the pet shop and didnt notice.i ended up getting all their stock by the end of the day..thats at petsmart though..

u shuld be able to bring back any dead ones and get him replaced for free..just put him back in the bag and bring him.even with a little of ur tank water incase they wana test it as proof it wasnt their fault.though i never had that problem at all.they just say ok.throw him in the trash.ask if u want another.get it and ur gone..

for the first few days they may hide/be hard to find..i had to keep searching for mine.some got stuck in a fake plant so becareful with any thick rough plants..after a while u will see them stuck on the glass and fake plants eating and relaxing.mine loves the floating fake plant i have.he is always there.plenty of food on it..and close to the lights..

i do need to try to turn my light off for a few days..its so dark though and have live plants in the tanks.i want an asian plant..i may walk up to petsmart today and see what they got.maybe get another oto..

they dont get big..maybe 2 inches.3 at most..but i doubt that big.they r small..thats y i also suggested a few of them..
Old 09-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #190 
pyro fiend

well i actually found the 3rd one at like 2am befor turning my light off i was like YES skfvjbalivb yea i found it. woohooo lmaoo 2 r always out in the open i found them on my back sides and frnd. iv seen them on plants and glass not yet have i seen substrate chilling. but im scared the hmdt will eat them.. lol ill upload a pic of the boy [you can see my new sword growth in back yay!] and a otto.. otos near bottom of glas n in that spot its a 1/2 in cap of dirt.

what plants are even asian besides like duckweed and bamboo lol? and the mystery "asian water fern" lol

im thinkin bout tryin get mom to take me to petsart today and get 3 or 4 more of thease lil cuties ;P hell ima oversock my tank with catfish.. that wont even get a half foot XD but unlike you i cant walk to my petstores.. my fat but would die by the time i got to the store.. let alone back lol id also get lost -hangs head- lol
Attached Images