Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #191 
prodrumernate

they may not go to the substrate.but sicne urs is sand they might.they wont in mine.i have gravel.also u can feed them a thin slice of zucchini...boil it for about 10 seconds or nuke a cup of water and let it sit until it sinks..that way it will sink to the bottom for them..i need to get more.and sicne i start work monday,i might be able to coax my dad into giving me a few bucks to buy some since mine is lonely..

hmdt wont eat them..they leave each other alone..my female is super aggressive.she goes after the snales more than she does the oto..even then she looks at the snails and moves on..she never bothers my otos.even when i added some after i put her in instead of taking her out first..she still wouldnt bother them...as long a u have hiding places.ur fine :)

i forgot the name of the other asian plants.some long name.petsmart sales them..this is the name of some Cryptocoryne and maybe its petco that sells them..i looked it up before but forgot who sells them..though my petsmart here doesnt have them now i remember..

i too want to get more.especially in my algae infested tank.though its not that bad.im just tired of the green algae.hard to get of live plants..id try to take a pic of mine.but with all the diatoms on the glass.u wouldnt see him..though i need to take pix of my other tanks and post them ;)

im not in good shape.been gaining weight lately.not much but its more than im use too..and i smoke..after being lazy and laying in bed for several years only getting up to eat,use the bathroom,smoke a cig outside..its taken its tole on me...(depression) but getn back into shape..they have another pet smart about 4 miles away.i walked there a couple times.but in this heat.not a good idea.
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #192 
pyro fiend

hmm ik i cnt put purple boy in there ******* flsred at therm and tried eat it lol but the hmdt is always flaring for no reason lol thn again thts wat hm do 0.o lol idk may watch him l8r n add him

wow ur crazy thts far for a walk to petco lol its mainy hills to my petco id rather not die of exhostion ;p then shake te bags so much on way bk fish die </3 lol
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #193 
prodrumernate

that will work...see how he works with others :) since ur not going to be gone much u will be able to keep an eye on him and if anything happens..takem out :)

its not that far of a walk..as long as i drink water and take a few breaks in the shade its fine.now if i had to hurry and get there..the heck with that..but i usually go when its cooled down or a little dark.

i know all about the hills there..walked to post office about a mile away from my house during the winter..was a pain in the butt walking up and down the hills with the wind blowing and the snow and ice everywhere...decided ill never do it again ;)
Old 09-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #194 
pyro fiend

exactly im bout let him go i just woke up n can watch tank from my bed.. but if i end up with 3 dead ones.. hes being sold on here for nearly free [excluding the 25 shipping ofc] XD

lol in all honnesty i may have lived here for all 19 yrs of my life.. but i berly know my streets XD id get lost.. id have to walk to library and print off google map directions lmaoo plus dont help im usually all way down by neely.. hill atr hil after buttkicking hill XD
Old 09-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #195 
prodrumernate

u will know if he kills any of them...but just because 1 of them has what looks like bite marks on it may not be from it.like mine got it from the leaves on a fake decor where he was stuck at..

i lived in kcmo area for about a total of 3 years...i knew it pretty well there.but i drove a lot.even to olathe for work..or else i wouldnt know any of the area..its the same here..i spent most of my life in lousiana..rite outside baton rouge..still dont know the area.school was about 5 or 6 miles away from my home.i would walk it sometimes if i just felt like walking.but it wasnt too bad bcuz only a couple streets difference going down...and my grandma worked at the high which was also close to the junior high so i could also get a ride from her ;)

i use my gps or phone with gps if i dont know my way..which is usually a lot here.the ironic thing is.shouldnt be hard to get lost...the streets r like a checkered board..minus a few high ways and big streets..where i worked at for like 3 months.after not going there for a few months.i almost got lost coming home.its easier.turn out the main parking lot..turn right.go down a few miles.turn left..go down a few miles.my apartment is on the left hand side...so dont worry i know how u feel ;)

though when i was truck driving with my mom coming from omaha to florida..i read the map.surprised i didnt get us lost..we use to stop at the flying Jay out there in st joe,at the iron skillet for food..man that was great..we would drive in her car sometimes just to go eat there.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #196 
pyro fiend

yea they do have pretty good food. lol been there a few times. XD

but it seems hat the hm dont mind the oto's he has chased one off a leaf. but thats his favorite leaf to lay on and rest lol. but mine shouldn have any bit looking marks, only thing in this tank is a floating anubia [i think its nana] a piece of blunt driftwood [made sure it wldnt harm my bettas fins so hit points on a dif tanks trim] a heater and filters with panyhose over them lol.. and the substrate which is tubesand.. sand with tiny tiny pebbles.. if i see a bite it wld have to be a hm bite :P

photo caption.. 2 little oto's being real G's S U C K I N G XD

edit- those clumps.. are dirt.. like i said i didnt rly wash out my dirt like a moron -.- lol
Attached Images

Last edited by pyro fiend; 09-19-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #197 
prodrumernate

i almost didnt see the oto at the right side..no wonder u had a hard time finding them ;) mine do the same.blend in with everything.now i know where he likes to go so i can easily spot him...

i too have sand in 1 of my tanks.regular sand 30 grit from home depot..100 pounds of it cost like 8 bucks...it was worth it.except carrying 100 pounds up a flight of stairs is not easy.especially i only weigh about 25 more pounds than it..tossing it on my shoulder no problem.walking up.thats the problem...like my dad and i carrying 150 pound of gravel in a container up the stairs..used a skateboard when we got here ;)

i need to get some pantie hose for my filter.i have a net of it for now..just havent been out to get any pantie hose yet..

they look exactly like mine :)

im glad u mentioned about driftwood...i need to cut my driftwood down to size for my 3 tanks..well also for my little 2 gallon.im ure my girl wont mind having some.all he has is the submersible heater and 2 small thin fake plants.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #198 
pyro fiend

lol i got mine at m 60lbs for bout 3 or 4bucks.. lol i bught 2 of them.. threw them both on one shoulder and walked from one side of parkinglot to the other then had bring them home walk them half way up the street [stupid football parties -.-] then up a flight of stairs lmao. then again prob helps im in the 320lb range and i have alot of muscle under my chub XD

lol pantyhose r cheap. i think i got a pair for a buck, felt rly odd looking at pantyhose tho lol. i just cut it to size and use rubberbands to hold it on the tube. lol

but yea these guys r ber cute from the placing of my bed i can see entire front and right side and some of left. debating on moving it. but thats ALOT of water to move and i dont wana stress anyone out -.- love how you can see where i cut dead leavs and were my new leaves are in that pic :) shows im doing something right :) these guys r super small and i only notice when they r on the glass or on a plant. when they are on a chunk of dirt, or on wood i can like berly see them its like 'oh sh-- find the oto is now in progress' like a hide and see game here haha. i wana get a few more but may just pass on that, so i can get a few more plants and 2-3 more girls o finally get this sorority thing up and rolling sooner lol ;p
Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #199 
prodrumernate

oh well heck ur a big guy built for carrying that kind of weight..i just about carried my own weight up stairs...i honestly surprised myself i could do it..all my weight i going to my stomach haha..i dont exercise so any muscle i had when younger is just flab now hahaha :)

i know at 1 time here walmart had them for like 59 cents a piece.but that was a while back..would be strange having a guy look at pantie hose..can only imagine what others think..should have my step mom go do it for me..but she wont get out in this heat ;)

i can see most of my tanks from my bed depending if im sitting up or laying down..moving it will be tough...thats a lot of weight etc to move without stressing any fish..and ur plants look great..hopefully ill be getting new ones soon to finish my asian theme..

haha i know they r hard to find at times..like "where waldo?" but where the oto..i have my lights off now for the second day to control the algae.its hard to see where my oto is at..i could go for another sorority myself since i now have the knowledge on fish and my tank is cycled..but if anything was to go wrong with any of the bettas..nowhere to put the problem child..surly couldnt get rid of any...had some1 email me yesterday bout my mollies..i havent replied back.but dont have it in me to give them away now that im attached to them..
Old 09-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #200 
pyro fiend

lol yea i rly am.. im can lift over my own weight. but im not so strong as you can see these mountain muscles above my flab XDlol

lol man up ;P. just grab one of those plastic balls of pantie hose thts the color you want lol itl make you spend less time looking and if the casheer looks at you funny say its for the gf lol ;D

:D i got tht anubia thts floating n the bettas taken it over. lol im hoping to get more plants soon i dnt have a theme yet i just wna have thease grown, so i can have a sorority lol then ill start themes, theam one: "super planted tank, can you find your betta in this 5/10g?" lol

awe =\ iv still gta message the guy back. its a guy who hoards animals. hes always selling tanks and junk on a fb group, i kinda wana give him the fish. but i may wana buy a tank from him some time n dnt wna b known as someone who sold him a bad fish or something try n get petco to take him for store credit. idk i cnt decide but its takin up y 10g n i cnt use it lol -.- [thn again i gave up on finding report covers so itl b for betta]