Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #31 
prodrumernate

in louisiana i would catch tons of snappers.i couldnt walk to a ditch without seeing atleast 1.when i use to catch the bus at the end of my street.id watch the 1 living in the ditch.when we had hurricanes.everything would flood and a pond nearby that had some brim in it would flood over to the ditches creating a food supple of little fish.

thats a lot of space for a turtle.i knew they need space but didnt realize how much..and thats true.not to mention having a truck to get it home if not already owning a truck.i know on craigslist ive seen 50+ gallon tanks for free with nothing wrong.actually 1 guy had a 50 gallon and giving away 2 turtles and everything with it.i was like wow.but no space to put it at.

my plants were i the tank as i did a fish in cycle.really helps keeping the nitrate down.now i got more and havent even planted them.they are just floating in the tank.my mystery snails got to a couple of my plants.but i think they can re grow some roots and ill be fine.i like betta sorority.
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:25 AM   #32 
pyro fiend

lol nice. well in captivity the rule of thumb is 10g per 1in of shell even tho some ppl keep like 6in turtles in 10gs and 20gs.. id rather keep them in bigger tanks to watch them.

lol wow my fams got a truck.. but i have "too many pets" [they only know of 2 snakes and a few duzen rats.. they dk of the ones i own at my buddies lmao] they didnt even want me keeping the turtles lol but i did :3

iv been debating on puting one of my male bettas in the tank to help it cycle.. only fish iv got now is 2 male bettas and a dragon goby [in with one betta] but i may put dragon in on his own son hes stressin out my orange n purple male :\ lol [then again the vt was used to a 1-2g containers nt 10g so cld be the space lol]
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:32 AM   #33 
prodrumernate

im glad u told me about the rule of thumb.my friend had about 4 or 5 turtles,anywhere from 4 to 8 inches all inside a 20 or 30 gallon long.i dont know how big his little pond is.havent talked to him for a while.once the weather cools down ill be going over there...

i use to have several pets.well my mom and i.3 cats.1 male betta,4 snakes,a bearded dragon.got rid of the dogs before i moved back there..i thought that was a lot..u got me beat..i love pets and would have a mansion full if i could afford it.

i have my female in a 20 gallon.its been seeded but still cycling i guess u can say.and having just that 1 betta for the cycle will be perfectly fine.id do it if i were u.

my female is perfectly happy in her 2 gallon.my male is very happy in a 1 gallon though he is sick rite now.but i want something a little bigger for him.and to get him out of my hospital tank
Old 08-28-2012, 02:06 AM   #34 
pyro fiend

well some people believe you can put in like sya 4 5 or even 6 turtles in 1 tank like say 5 3in turtles in a 40g breeder.. but ofcourse with so many itl be crouded in due time. but ik for single turtles its 10g/1in ofc u can get away with a 2in or 3in in a 10g but itl ean alot more w/c lol :P

hmm. may add him. iv got a few betta bulbs in jars.. i think i have 2 of 3 duds :( but i can send bakc for annother set of seeds :D may put him in.. but i think ill cut some hardwear cloth first to fit over it. as i always put it over jars and tanks w/o hoods incase of jumpers [lst 2 fems and a black n red king dragon double tail from jumping :'(]
Old 08-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #35 
prodrumernate

to me thats cruelty to animals.well in a way..if it is recommended for a certain pace per inch.then id say atleast do that..ive never actually taken care of turtles inside.and dont know much about them...yet..

my hex doesnt have a lid.i cut out some cardboard to make a temp covering for now to keep my female from jumping out.though i keep the water low to make sure he doesnt.and she hasnt..but id surly cycle with him.i was just told my single female isnt enough,well would take a very long time to cycle my 20 gallon.so i may do some re arranging with my fish :)
Old 08-28-2012, 02:35 AM   #36 
pyro fiend

lol yea i use 1/2in hardwear cloth[to with tiny girls id use 1/4in. i use it to make rat racks. plus at menards i can get 2-3ft wide peices that r 5-8ft long for 2-4$ aposed to the 3x5 at home depot for $10 XD its big enough you can feed thru and its stiff and thick enough to move all at once aposed to mesh :) itl keep its shape unless dropped or something [then simply bend back] and i luv it! my local menards sells it in black,brown, silver, green and they have 1/4 in orange XD so can go with your fish or even your tank itself ill prob cut green sence itl be a npt :)

u cld cycle with ur rosys :P
Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #37 
prodrumernate

id like to see it when u r done with it.very interesting.i like DIY projects.not only do u save money.but the pride u get from making something is exciting.i want to make a tank divider for my 10 gallon and put my females in it.my rosy reds in the 20 gallon and my male in the 2 gallon.a little tight on budget so it will have to wait,,

i actually did my 10 gallon cycle with my rosy reds.i was just worried since the cycle just ended a couple weeks ago.can they handle another cycle.though now its seeded so i dont think it would be too much of a problem.and i can put my female i the 10 gallon until i get a divider and add the other.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:54 AM   #38 
pyro fiend

well this is it now.. attached.. the tank had real wood trim on it n it was rotted so had tear it off so kinda rimless.. itl be tough to do it :P might find a 1x2 and cut it to size so it hangs down like its a trim with a screen top built in? :D iono i have a imaginitive mind. lol may just place the mesh over top and let it be at that lol

and now i hate you ;O my male.. apparently was stressed im guessing.. he was all purple when i got him. then iv had him a few months and he turned a little bluish.. iv been floating him in the tank for but a hr [cuz ima see if i can get tannis out of my triftwood befor i add him so i dont scare him] and i just let him go for a min n hes gotten dif colors now reds and baby bluish clors under done might.. :( i was happy having him purple lmaoo... hes cupped again because i forgot to find pannyhose for the intake tubes XC he bout lost some of his tail with my buddys filter :S [i think its a 50-60 but hav it and the rock thing in to help filter it cuz of it being in a god tank befor this1]
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #39 
pyro fiend

also they should survive the cycle. if you realy do enjoy your rosys, go to petco and get a few 14cent [well price varries] goldies. and theyl do well too :P i had saved a goldie not to long back from a nasty stagnant tank of sum1 ik [it stunk he did 1 wc ev 6mon only cuz it wld evaperate] i ended up dieing of shock of a fresh tank -.- but they can survive like ANYTHING lol
Old 08-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #40 
prodrumernate

i like how its setup.i like rimless tanks.once im back at work and can afford ill be making my own.as a little side project so it wont be anything big.maybe more of a holding tank or spare hospital tank.

buah haha.u hate me bcuz he is stressed..lol..he is doing fine now though am i correct?i had a sponge over my filter intake but took it our as it was big and bulky.then noticed the fish dont have a problem with it.

i may switch the fish today then.if not today then tomorrow.get my female in the 10 and my rosy reds in the 20.and that should help produce enough ammonia.i thought of using a goldie like a comet.here they cost 1 cents.which is really good.the only thing is i dont think my filter can handle a goldie.along with the other fish.i do like goldies though they are very messy.poor goldie.shame we dont have the knowledge like we do about other animals.but i guess it happens