Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #41 
pyro fiend

wow wish i lived there. here petco has them for 14 for smallest and like 39 for decent sized small, but here, a fresh shipment dont live the first day they are there. but walmart has smallest for 38cent -.-

and yes i hate you lol he was a nice purple.. :( now hes blue red n purplish lol heres pic of just a hr aftr being in there.. now he wont sit still for a pic lol

heres how i put mesh on for now. didnt take big filters mesh off cuz it aint mine n i mite be able to bend it back when im done cycling. if not, oh well only gook 30 mins to make lol
Attached Images

pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #42 
prodrumernate

petco sale them for a few cents more.petsmart has the lowest prices.they always do for the fish.walmart here doesnt even sell fish.

i didnt make him change colors...or did i?dun dun dun..haha...i love his color.only if i could find some that color here./that would be awesome.

it will bend back.thats a lot of filters for a small tank.thats something i would see in a gold fish tank..but i also have more than 1 filter for mine as well ;)
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #43 
pyro fiend

the 2 small ones are 10-15 ima keep in there. nes rly low preasure thus no baffle. others normal. so i fiigured it equals about 20 or so. [evn tho its 20-30] but the other one is buddies with benificial bacteria lol i said i needed to cycle a new 20g tank he said hed give me a filter to help. i thought itd be maybe a 10-15 cuz he keeps bettas too.. but nooo this one was from one of his cichlid tanks im like wow... rly.. your gona blow the front of my tank away lol

we personally ust got a petsmart.. grand opening i sin liek 2 weeks :C lol

heres few pics from just now :) as i said he wont sit still i just berly got some of them with the enticement of food lol
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #44 
prodrumernate

i put a sponge in the front of my filter to top the flow from being too strong.now that my 20 has a power head filter.i had to create a baffle for it and block it with another bottle.works great.

i have another petsmart just a few miles down the road.the other 1 is half a mile away.

i really do like his colors.i bet he enjoys all that space too :)
Old 08-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #45 
pyro fiend

lol i cu a bottle in half like in the baffle sticky. works wonders.. and my lps dont have sponges for filters :C and every sponge iv bought at a wm would cme apart.. not fun waking up to a crap load of purple/green/orange/yellow sponge peices all over your freshly cycled tank -.-

no idea if he does. im debating on puting my dragon fish in there too.. they are brackish water fish but do fine in fresh... but i just got him from a walmart a week or so ag idk if hed be strong enough to take the cycling [then again my 10g i put him in with orange betta to make sure hes healthy wasnt rly cycled much either.. -shrug-] just put orange n purp betta in a 1g cuz he was stressin. but dont wana take all fish from the 10g lol XD n also dono if the dragon gobie would do well with females. he leaves my male alone tho n they are sand sifters.. o.0 iono im in a corner here i can never make a decision thts y took me a yr to do a npt and a sorority lmao
Old 08-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #46 
prodrumernate

i tried doing that for mine but couldnt get it to stay.plus i used the filter that was in there as 1 of my seeded filters.which now opens up the outlet.though the fish in there like moving water.only when i put my betta will i need to block it again.but i have more sponges i can use.and that will also allow me to have another sponge for another tank later on when im working..mine are aquarium fluval sponges.

im kinda the same way.when i setup my 20 gallon.i kept thinking am i sure i wana do it.finally got it set up after a month.im glad i did.u can do some research to see if ur dragon fish is hardy enough for a cycle.im glad i kept my rosy reds as pets.i now have fish to use for a cycle ;) i may get a couple cory for my 20 gallon since i have sand in it.im not sure how mystery snails will do in sand.i think they will be fine but will do a little more research
Old 08-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #47 
pyro fiend

well i dont hav aq salt and they are hardy but i think ill leave him be for now. it would help amonia. but itd also prob stress my betta out

iono i luv my goby but hell need a 30g tank wen older so idk still deciding. only put up this 20 high because its like 40 yrs old and nice. and my turtle tanks a 50g breeder thts bout 50yrs old so goes with the old tank thing i got goin XD
Old 08-29-2012, 04:28 AM   #48 
pyro fiend

btw hope your having better luck with your wood then me.. iv boiled mine like 6 times now.. at first it went from looking like weak tea.. to apple juice.. to verry faint yellow tint.. i set it out for a while so i can get some rest and not accedently leave it on when i passed out... i boiled it twice again first time went from very dark applejuice.. then light tea again </3 i thnk ill just put it in soon and hope for best :\

btw think hes enjoying he tank? left side..
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #49 
prodrumernate

thats some old tanks haha..but i think 1 of my tanks is also old.fount it by my garbage...i think if its just 1 goby that should be fine even if its not a 0 gal.as long as its a 20 or bigger,

i havent even tarted on my wood.i dont have a saw and ive been taking care of a sick betta.hopefully i can borrow saw here soon..thats a lot of cleaning u did.i would think once would be fine.of course i never had wood in any of my tanks.

i know he is happy in the tank.thats a lot of space and natural surroundings :)
Old 08-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #50 
pyro fiend

lo oh yea little ass thinks hes the cock of the walk now lol.. i just got home from schoo testings. and i looked in on him [tho bubble nest is smaller due to moron making itby a filter lol] he came to front of tank and started flaring at me -.- lol in all honnesty... flipped him off lol he ran and hid when i did that XD may still put goby in there.. if he if gone be a dick idk lol. i thnk uting my orange from a 1 to 10 back to 1 stressed him out more then that feirce looking fish -.- lol but i dont wana flip the purple boy into the 10 just yet. hes liking the 20 and hes getting alot of reds now! -.- idk may float goby n see how he acts if hes a meanie i may put him in the 10 as orange boy is gentle :)

but yea youd think itd work.. i had this wood forever and bought it as driftwood. o me that means its already been in water.. but apparently not lol XD when i put it in a tote, it did sink! but it was also in a verry humid tank there for a wiel so may have been the humidity making it sink but its been just sittin under a desk for a yr or so lol and all the tannis.. its crazy! -,- lol