Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 05:19 AM   #81 
prodrumernate

ive been to st joe a few times...my mom was a truck driver and we would go that way to get to the terminal in omaha.plus i think i went that way to go to iowa as well..im actually from,born and raised in baton rouge louisiana..but moved to kcmo 2 months before katrina hit,then went to phoenix,then mexico.then chicago for a month,back to kcmo and now back here...all withing 5 years haha..i know kcmo pretty well....yes we do get off topic.its fun though :)

i would surly want it to be over night.dont want it staying in the bag/container too long.i know its going to be very stressed out.

the 1 i had in kcmo was living pretty well.though i didnt know much.and dont know if he is still alive or not.ive known for a while u cant mix bettas..but just learned about betta sororities about a year ago.

ah yes a cambodian VT..he might have been more relaxed now and got his true colors.i had mine do that.they were 1 color 1 minute and the next more colors..
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:39 AM   #82 
pyro fiend

lol he dont evn have a nest now.. sad face!! ill kill you nate D:<

lol wow you sure do...get around -snicker- lol but off-topic is fun. XD plus dk if it sends u an email when your pm'ed lol if dont id be like 'dafuq nate you forgot about me' and you replied a hr aftr i did XD i to am just learning about them sense joininig i knew they could be calm and even comunity fish.. my cousin had one in a comunity tank and one in a cichlid tank [tho now looking back im like WTF on the cich's] but had no idea that females could get along.. didnt know there was real aquatic plants you could use in an aquarium that wasnt a reef. tho you see tubes at lps most r simi aquatic... like my failure today i didnt read just seen "fern" and "topfin" and was like SWEET its a simi aquatic pecock fern -.- ment for terariums lol.. sadface XC

ofc tho im having some animals shipped to me soon hopefully to expand my zoo. id never 3day+ anything aquatic except a snail XD
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #83 
prodrumernate

haha he like no i stop making nest for now ;)

now im stuck in 1 place...yes it is fun.that i do agree.a fish forum and here we r talking bout random stuff.. :) i do get the email notification :) ive been out and about lately.thats true.once i joined here i learned they too can be calm and even community fish.i always thought they had to be alone in a small bowl.now i learned small bowls arent good.

i know its fascinating what we learn here.i knew about plants.well i did and didnt.i knew there were freshwater plants.but ever though much of them.i couldnt even name 1..i thought plants were more for marine setups and not so much freshwater.now i have 2 kinds in mine.and will get more later.

yes i do notice those tubes and thought bout getting 1.thought they were a little pricey for me..of course not working they r pricey.

i thought about going and buying me like a double tail half moon today from petsmart,they r like 10 dollars..but i have nowhere to put it except in a half gallon bowl..and dont know when ill start my job so i can buy a 10 gallon and divider for 2 males..but i did think about having some shipped to me.id really like to have an exotic colored betta.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #84 
pyro fiend

most of my bettas were wm bettas. n only 1 was 'typical' coloring a red camb. ct :P rest ere unique mustardgass looking, 3 tone.. XD petco here iv bought some n they always die so quickly ;'[ iv prob spent $100 on bettas from petco and they all die within a month.. -.-

n ik i get email for forums but i aint got a pm in ovr a yr i dnt remember if i was emailed haha

i got a $4 one thinking 'fern' mut be like java... now ik y it was 3.99 XD its ment for tropical terrariums lol -.-

yea id say wait n divide the 10g. im debating on letting both my turtles go so i can use the 50g for a plant growup tank lol then for a sorority [big hopes there] but then id have a thing of turtle food for no reason XD
Old 09-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #85 
prodrumernate

i seen some nice tri colored bettas at petsmart.i wanted 1.they were 10-12 bucks for them.but they were beautiful.i get mine from petsmart now.got 1 from petco.my first 1 but petsmart always had deal..a female for .99 cents.so i was happy.but i really do want some tri colors as well.something other than then 1 or 2 toned colors i have.

i get emails all the time.i know in the user CP u can turn off email notifications.so u might have done that.

i bet u were happy once u realized they r for terrariums ;)

only if u had a pound in ur back yard or a friends pond.that would be a great place to put them at.if they are getn too big and need more space its best to release them,i say..u can always make a few buck selling the turtle food or help some1 in need and give it to them..

do u know if u can house male and female bettas together in a divided tank?im searching rite now.but i never done it
Old 09-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #86 
pyro fiend

in a devided you can house them together :P you can also do 2 males and a female [2 deviders obv] and put fem in middle. i see it all the time on here lol

and nah i didnt turn off. i get the emails lol but im nvr pmed so idc there XD

and i woudlnt say there getting to big. the res yea way big.. but painted nah. im just addicted to plants now -.- i may just use a storage tote to grow plants ;P so i can keep my beautiful painted girl :)

oh you bet.. i googled it to make sure. because they sell bamboo as aquatic.. and when i seen pics i was like </3 nooo its so pretty too :( lol
Old 09-04-2012, 03:02 AM   #87 
prodrumernate

i had read a few post saying that they give or hormones etc and didnt want to stress them out.i know the males will make nest.but didnt want to stress any out or anything..i got the material to make my own dividers.

oh haha..and u didnt get any p, so u wouldnt know.ive had about 5 or 6 pm and got an email everytime they replied back.

using a storage tote would be good.even buying a simple 10 gallon tank itself would be great..

i like bamboo.i read it will die eventually if left in the water.but have seen some great aquariums using bamboo..of course rite now its too expensive to get enough for my tank.but hopefully in the future i can get some and set up an asian themed tank like i want
Old 09-04-2012, 03:17 AM   #88 
pyro fiend

i only have 3 from ovr a yr ago. lol XD s i didnt remember :P

well iv got a 25 high [or well its high and a 25] tote the turtles stay in when im doin water changes and whatnot [cuz Red Eared Slider likes to try n eat me] so may use that.. i still gota get a light -.- my tank dn get sunlight so iv still gta get a light. XC ig ill try find a 2pack ;p but if i buy any more tanks.. there goin twards animals.. like im trying get a scorpion. and a tarantula ;P and a 3rd snake for my room :3 theyd get the 10gs before the plants lmaoo besides idk wat id do with the extra plants.. prob nothing -.-

i have bamboo i did fuly submerg the stock [but not leaves] of the smallest one and it went yellow and yucky.. but i leave my bamboo in a jar and dnt evn do water changes just fill it up :P healthy bamboo despite the sun cooked one of the undersides one day lol -.-
Old 09-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #89 
prodrumernate

i seen a 25 high on craigslist for sale..it was nice.just no place here to put it..my neighbor has or had a big tank,he had a 6 foot boa or python..i forgot...i wouldnt use a lid for the plants since they wont jump out or anything.saves money also :)

now i want to just go buy 1 shoot of bamboo..just to have....all my plants that are outside are never in the sun,i have them sitting in my patio area of my apartment.the sun dries them up over a day and kills them.already lost a few
Old 09-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #90 
pyro fiend

the sun cooks your plants I WONDER WHY.. here we got like 30% humidity as a high were i live [unless rained recently] and sometimes up to 110deg.. now you.. your low is 112degrees and prob 5% humidity IF THAT XD lol

yea thats my prob my mom has alot of tanks in her basement and i have a few in mine. most 55-250g.. [yea that big.. lol] but nowere to put them. with all my animals i already have a crouded room lol my family dont rly like fish.. they dont believe in water changes or anything. there old school "the fish will grow to the size of the enclosure" kind of ppl -.- [woohoo 3ft bettas? :D lol] and they dont wana 'listen to the tank when its low on water.." even when i say ill keep it to the brim.. i get "no i dont wana jumper..." then i say ill buy/make a screen and i always get "thats to much money to be spending on dumb fish" lol fam i liv with r retarded XD if i could id take off the door to closet n put a 55 or 2 in here ;P lolol

tbh idk y i have the bamboo. tho i just got another new girl [pretty colors] so may see if she likes the bamboo in her 1g o.0 lol im just a few ferns/swords and 2-4more fish away from my tank being perfect :D but idk wat to use as hides..just the plants themselvs? o.0