Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #1 
Jully

Question Betta scared of filter?

Moon, my halfmoon betta I think is scared of the filter It's a 10i Tetra whisper filter, with just the biobag then it starts, the filter was on the lowest setting and it was doing nothing! So I attempted to put it in the middle, and I got it in the perfect spot so it isn't so powerful, nor weak. The next day I been noticing my betta has been starting to go to the bottom of his tank and go under the plastic plant which is spikey, and purple. When I come to the tank I have to ether lead him out by making him follow my fingers so he doesn't hurt himself, or he pushes himself out to come to me. Is this normal, or do you think he's afraid of the filter? He is swimming normal, but then sometimes he just goes to the plant?

I do not have a heater, I am still waiting for my mom to go to America and pick up a filter under 10 watts for a 3 gallon :P
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

When you say guide him out is that around the filter or to get safely out of the "spikey" plant? If the plant is spikey I think I'd change it out. As for the filter, If it didn't bother him before it shouldn't bother him now but it is possible it's stronger to him than you think. Some Bettas are funny about filters. Have you, out of curiosity, turned it off for awhile to see what he does?
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #3 
Jully

Well, I lead him out under the spikey plant, I couldn't find any silk plants from Pet Habitat. He likes the plant though, that's why I don't take it out.

I am not quite sure, he usually would just be in the front back and forth, but this is his first time experiencing with a filter I had him in that tank for about a week or two now.
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #4 
shellieca
Reference Team

It's possible he's still adjusting to it. Sometimes in smaller tanks filters are too much because there's not much water volume to disperse the movement.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cute, filter., little fella, scared