Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #1 
MollyJean

Wink Strange things kids say

My daughter, Gwen, is something else. She's 10 years old, turning 11 in November. Sometimes she pops out with the strangest stuff! Kids say weird things sometimes, sure, but.. what?

"I got your butt!.. I got your butt!.." She was grabbing the dog's tail (not pulling or squeezing) and then she thinks about it a second and adds... "By extension" ... Hahahaha

Gwen - I farted
Me - Oh gosh, why!? (As I cover my nose and wave my hand over-dramatically)
Gwen - 'Cause, it's the fourth of July and my butt wanted to celebrate.

OMG I about died laughing... O.O; And despite the content.. she does not always talk about butts, lol

Anyone else have odd children around?
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #2 
Bettanewbie60

LOL...yes, kids can come up with the funniest stuff! When my oldest daughter, Melissa was 4 years old, I decided to take her on here first Easter Egg hunt. We spent the morning getting all dressed up, readying her basket to put the eggs in...I kept saying, "We are going on an Easter Egg hunt"! Well, her father came in the front door, she goes running to him, jumping up and down and says, "Daddy! Get your gun, we going to shoot Easter Eggs"!!!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #3 
teeneythebetta

hahahhahah!
My younger sister is now 12 but when she was much younger my mom said, "what does a frog say?" and my sister said "ribbit ribbit!" then my mom asked, "what does a rabbit say?" and my sister says "rabbit rabbit!!" lol
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #4 
MollyJean

I love when my daughter learns a new big word and wants to use it, but doesn't really understand it. She thought dismemberment (a word she heard on tv I think) meant someone was getting kicked out of a club.. it was so cute.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
hahahhahah!
My younger sister is now 12 but when she was much younger my mom said, "what does a frog say?" and my sister said "ribbit ribbit!" then my mom asked, "what does a rabbit say?" and my sister says "rabbit rabbit!!" lol
Ha ha ha...I love it!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lol! This is going to be a great thread.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #7 
Aus

When Daughter was about seven, I mentioned that I wished her uncle and auntie (both dad's siblings) would hurry up and have children, too.

Daughter was horrified: "Mum - they can't do that!!! They're brother and sister!!!"

Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #8 
MollyJean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
When Daughter was about seven, I mentioned that I wished her uncle and auntie (both dad's siblings) would hurry up and have children, too.

Daughter was horrified: "Mum - they can't do that!!! They're brother and sister!!!"

Oh hahahahahah I just burst out laughing!

My little brother isn't a kid.. but he acts like one sometimes. We'er working on dinner together (spaghetti) and I'm a horrible cook.. and keep doing things wrong, but my little brother is a great cook, so he makes sure everything is running smoothly. Anyway he just blurted out "You're so lucky" and I asked why. He said "You have a Me".

He's so conceded, lol
Old 08-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Years ago when we lived in Colorado my brother's girlfriend at the time was living with us with her two kids. They were 5 and 8. We were talking about the flu and being sick and the 5 year old girl says"first you get a hint of something then you come down with the clue." lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #10 
indjo
TFK Moderator

This thread surely made my day. Can't stop laughing!!!

My son often got his words mixed up and gets frustrated that we don't understand him. And he pronounces English words oddly...... he had this Teletubbies doll (or whatever) that says "I love you" when ever you press its belly. One day my son asked where "I mongir" was - at that time he couldn't remember the name (Dipsy). It was really hard not to laugh in front of him (very sensitive kid).
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote