Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2012, 10:09 PM   #21 
registereduser

People, the odds of her dorm building being demolished in a hurricane are almost nil. The fish would be fine alone for 3 days. sheesh.

Now if there was a forest fire approaching, yeah, I'd evacuate with all my pets.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #22 
Jully

Anything could happened, the fish could jump out, be found dead when you come back, honestly it's not fun to see and ANYTHING can happen even if they are almost 'nil' doesn't mean they can't happen :P

If it were my fish, I would bring him with me, it's 3 days, it wouldn't be hard to bring his .5 tank, put it in a backpack, bring a heater, food, and put him in a container when you guys are evacuated, and it's great to have company :)
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #23 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jully View Post
Anything could happened, the fish could jump out, be found dead when you come back, honestly it's not fun to see and ANYTHING can happen even if they are almost 'nil' doesn't mean they can't happen :P

If it were my fish, I would bring him with me, it's 3 days, it wouldn't be hard to bring his .5 tank, put it in a backpack, bring a heater, food, and put him in a container when you guys are evacuated, and it's great to have company :)
Yeah, I guess the other couple of hundred evacuated students would be too busy to be "company"

The hysteria surrounding approaching hurricanes and snowstorms has always been overkill IMO. Especially when you go into a store to buy some milk and find it cleaned out of milk, bread, batteries and bottled water and TP ........and then the storm fizzles out before it reaches you or changes course
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #24 
teeneythebetta

Well today we really felt tropical storm isaac's affects.
We had school today this morning it was just sprinkling. By dismissal the roads were flooded. We had to drive through to get home, my mom was freaking out.

Thank fully school is closed tomorrow!!

teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #25 
Pogthefish

Well it seems EVERY time I go on vacation for 2 days and don't hire someone to care for the bettas, someone jumps out, someone bites off their entire tail *glares at Pog* someone's filter catches fire, or someone's heater malfunctions and cooks the fish.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote