Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #1 
Pogthefish

How soon after her attack should I put her into her new sorority?

I have this girl betta that I was getting ready to put into a sorority, and I decided I didn't want the filter to have to adjust to the ammonia of 10 new girls all at once, so I put her and another girl into the divided breeder box (I only had 2 fish at the time) And this was around the 20th-23rd. One fish jumped INTO the breeder box and mauled her, like NO fins. The other fish was fine, though. The other girls have been there since the 16th and are all settled in, so I want to add one of my 2 girls (the other girls all knew each other already because they are sisters) Her tail is about halfway back. I think being out of the jar with ammonia will be good for helping her tail heal too, ut she will get some nips at first. She is about twice the other fish, so I'm not worried about her standing her ground.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

Do you know which of the other females attacked her or who is in charge? I've read but haven't tried it, that when adding new ones to remove the dominant for a few hours or so while the new one(s) settle in then release her back. How big is the tank you have this many girls in? I'm probably going to try this method when I introduce my 2 new girls to my 46g.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #3 
Pogthefish

I'm not sure which one is domionant, but I think its one of the big, fat ones who gets all the food :P So yeah half of them are big, fat, and get all the food..
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote