Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #1 
jman828

Aquaclear heaters

Yesterday I was in one of the pet stores I don't usually go to, to pick up some puppy treats. So, of course, I wandered off to the fish section, and believe it or not the bettas wern't too bad (other than the fact they were all in .5 gal cubes). I wandered looking at decorations and gravel etc. and I saw an aquaclear 20 heater, I said my filter is aquaclear 20, and my current heater works, but not super well. I check the price tag, it was around 50 bucks on sale for $19.99 (and in Canada, that's a good deal!) so I said well it looks well built so I'll try it. It works really well, heats fast and maintains. Only problem is the printed numbers don't quite match up to the actual temp. But since one click is 1C I just take the min temp and count the clicks up to where I need it and it holds. So my question is, has anybody seen/heard of these before? I certainly haven't and there are few references to them online. If anyone ever sees them cheap, they're a good buy.
jman828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #2 
megaredize

ive have seen them but my LFS only carries the 100 watt and up ones and i dont need heaters that strong. im sure they work pretty good. It is a good brand
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #3 
jman828

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaredize View Post
ive have seen them but my LFS only carries the 100 watt and up ones and i dont need heaters that strong. im sure they work pretty good. It is a good brand
Mine only had 100W, so that's what I got for a 10g. My 50W was a combo of both not a very high quality one and not enough power, and given that I've had a 100W before in a 10G I bought it. Works GREAT! Temp is spot on! If it keeps up during winter it'll be the best heater I've ever had
jman828 is offline   Reply With Quote