Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #41 
Schwielala

I just checked again to make sure the mailman didn't ninja deliver it, but there's nothing :( He ninja delivered my heaters yesterday. I sat here waiting and worrying they wouldn't get here. In the meantime my mom was coincidentally fixing the doorbell and when she went to put it outside, tada! My heaters were already there!

Also I guess to be more clear about who is who,

Tank one:

Big Red/Purple: Was lethargic but perked back up, has been active and eating for the past few days.

Blue/Red: Has been active and eating

Adding their heater tomorrow when I move into my apartment for school

Tank two:

Floaty/Little Red: Had swim bladder issues. Gave Daphnia that he didn't eat but must have eventually because in the morning he was better. Lethargic for a while afterwards. When I added the heater yesterday he explored it and examined it. He has been off and on activity-wise since. Eating well.

Navy Blue: The one who is currently sick. Activity was also off and on throughout the week. Was eating until today. Currently floating at the top corner of the tank bein' sick :(
Schwielala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #42 
Sakura8

:( Poor boys. The best thing for Mr. Swimbladder would be epsom salt at 3 tsps per gallon. Do you have a WalMart near you? They have these:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-...-of-6/20699632
Don't worry, in store you can buy them individually. It's only online you have to buy them in packs. Those make excellent hospital tanks.

Alternatively, you can go to the grocery store and get a pack of Gladware containers that hold 8 cups. Those are small enough that they can be floated in the tank to keep the guys warm. To dose those, you find something that holds a gallon and add the salt dosage to that, then pour it into the container. Save the rest for water changes, which will need to be at least once a day.

As for Mr. Chameleon. Well, bettas do change colors when stressed so I can only guess that's what he's done. They also just change colors for the heck of it. Brought home a beautiful sky-blue girl one time and overnight she turned brick red and stayed that way for the rest of her life.

I'm just worried the stress of the wedding did him in. :( He may have had some issues before he was even purchased and then being in a vase didn't help. When a betta is stressed, their immune system goes kaput and they become susceptible to diseases.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #43 
ao
TFK Moderator

sigh... well tell me if it doesnt arrie on monday. I'll return you the money :(
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #44 
Sakura8

Don't worry, Schwiela, Aokashi has mailed products to many people. Totally honest. :)
Old 09-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #45 
BettaQi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Don't worry, Schwiela, Aokashi has mailed products to many people. Totally honest. :)
She is!

Bc of her I have a light for my 2.5!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #46 
Schwielala

Sakura, thanks for the info, I'll see what I can get tomorrow if he makes it through the night. He sunk to the bottom again so it's not looking good. If he does make it he gets to go through more crud, because I have to get him and his buddies to my apartment and then hope the tap water there isn't somehow bad for them. @_@

Haha, don't worry guys/Aokashi, I believe you. I could see that you were a senior member and that you send out drawings, plus this would be a really random way for a scammer to get to me. o_O;
Old 09-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #47 
Sakura8

You're doing the best you can, Schwiela so whatever happens, you can know that you tried your best. :) At least he has someone who loves him.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #48 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
sigh... well tell me if it doesnt arrie on monday. I'll return you the money :(
Monday is a holiday, will priority mail still be delivered?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #49 
Schwielala

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Monday is a holiday, will priority mail still be delivered?
My mom just said the same >_<
Old 09-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #50 
Sakura8

Oh crud. Of all the times for a holiday . . .