Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #1 
hurricanekerrie

Is my female betta fully grown?

Hello! I'm new to this forum (although I've been lurking and perusing the Fish Care pages for about a month now.) I got a female betta from Pet Smart but it's really tiny. Is she full grown? She's just a little over an inch as you can see from tip to tip. (Our male Half-Moon is about 2 1/2 inches long and very robust--he lives in a 5 gallon).

I hadn't done my research when I bought her two weeks ago unfortunately, so at the moment, she lives in a 1 gallon tank with a heater that gets a water change every two days. I now already have a 3 gallon filtered tank for her, though I'm trying to do a fishless cycle with it so it seems Princess Kate will be stuck in her little tank for a little while longer.

Anyway, I feed her small micro pellets because the regular betta food is too big for her mouth, but I also feed her teeny tiny cut-up dried blood worms. Is any of this ok? What do you feed your tiny female bettas? She's very curious and very funny. She loves to "read" her thermometer (always staring at it) and just loves to swim around and hang out esp when there's somebody right in front of her tank.
Attached Images

hurricanekerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #2 
Tikibirds

She still looks to be on the young side. Bloodworms are good but should be used for treats. However since she is still growing - you may get away with feeding more bloodworms.

I use new life spectrum pellets which are on the smaller side.

here is a growth chart
http://www.waynesthisandthat.com/bettagrowth.html
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote