Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #1 
prodrumernate

Are You Kidding Me?!!!!!!!!!!!

i just got back from my LPS.i replaced an oto that unfortunately died last night.had him for a few days...i got him replaced,decided to get a second 1 and some moneywort plants.i had a coupon for 3 dollars off.in all i paid .10 cents for everything

i just stepped in the door about 5 minutes ago..i go to show my dad.take them out the bag they were in.1 replacement oto is dead.and i know its not the same 1..the other oto seems to be fine and he is floating in my tank..

while i was there,they had a mexican couple come in with a couple kids.the parents couldnt speak english.the girl who was helping me was saying let the water setup for a week and its fine to put them in there.i wanted to freak out.if i knew spanish i would have said something..

then a couple that came in had 4 kids all wanting bettas.i really wanted to freak out.grabbing their cups like its just a cup of water.and i know they dont know how to set up the tank and will put them in small bowls if not the cups.

i had to walk away.i told my dad and even he got upset.i maybe new to the fish community.but i know enough to keep my fish alive and the info thee people got was wrong.
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #2 
Goldie2nd

I know people get pest with out reasreching some. I at least am trying and so are you to give the best we can for our fish. :)
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #3 
prodrumernate

hehe ye ur right...i just brought it back and replaced my oto again.the manager wanted to try to make it sound like it was my fault.i live a half mile away from the store and she wanted to blame it on the heat and me keeping it out so long.

even though i live in phoenix where the temp is over 100 f..a half mile is not far.and the water was still cold..she wanted to say i lived 45 miles away.i said nope 1/2 mile..petco employees in my area know about fish
Old 08-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #4 
Goldie2nd

Yeah i hear you so doe Walmart seesh. i posted two Videos on my thread My Two New Fishies go watch and comment on it cus is wow. I needed to share.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #5 
prodrumernate

i know walmart was pretty bad about fish keeping...i shall watch the videos and will comment on them also to let u know i watched them :)
Old 08-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #6 
Alcemistnv

What I think a lot of us don't understand is that not everyone knows that sites like this and TFK exist.

most people want bettas for decor. They're shown as decorations in most commercials/pictures.

I was watching Kitchen Cousins and they added those wall tanks in the room, and all were full of fish. Would the owner care for them? Probably not.

I just try and let those around me know that it's not okay. I can't reach out to others, but I can for the ones I know
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #7 
prodrumernate

yes you are right.not even i knew and lost several girls unfortunately.though mine are kept as pets and part of the family and not just something for every1 to see.

if i could afford it.i would make flyers and post them or even past them out at my LPS/LFS letting them know of these sites..its a shame to see a fish or any animal treated that way
Old 08-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #8 
Alcemistnv

Karma comes back to people in funny ways.

And I feel like it's easy to tell someone what to do to make a betta survuve, but most won;t do it.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #9 
Goldie2nd

Well alot of people don;t do reaserch not even after getting there pets. I have tried to learn all i can for my fish. But one can only do so much to teach others.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #10 
teeneythebetta

I was mad watching keeping up with the kardashians.
they got two goldfish in ONE bowl.
Then got a tank, it looked like a 5 gallon tank. The pet store people told them to do a 25-50% water change EVERY FOUR WEEKS

Luckily they got rid of the tank, ugh.

Every time I see a fish bowl on tv or in a music video I just get irritated LOL
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote