Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

SO EXCITED! Got some mesh and bindings to divide my tanks :D

I have a 5.5 gal in which will shortly be divided meaning I get to have 2 more bettas ;)...I do have a two Q's

Will aquarium sealant hold my dividers in place better?
If I dont use a filter how often will I need to do water changes and how often will I need to do a full change with two bettas?
Thank you!
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #2 
megaredize

aquarium sealant will seal the bindings to the aquarium permanently so if you want to keep it like that forever you can do it. make sure you let the sealant set for 24 hrs or however long it says it wait on the sealant. i have a 10 gallon divided and i didnt use the sealant, if you let the divider bow a bit it stays in place and i put a little more gravel in the tank so that helps it stay in place also.

i would suggest you use a filter in a 5 gallon, you can get it to cycle so then you would only need to do 1 weekly water change of 30%. without cycling i would think it would be a pain to do a lot of water changes and i dont even know how many would be needed. seems like a lot of work. oh and make sure you have a heater for the tank :)
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #3 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaredize View Post
aquarium sealant will seal the bindings to the aquarium permanently so if you want to keep it like that forever you can do it.
I think if this is a glass tank a razor blade would easily remove any sealant, not sure how easily it would come off of a plastic tank.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote