I am a pretty fearless person in general. But this is what I am truly afraid of, to phobia-level:
- Drowning/deep water (I almost drowned as a baby - in a pool on a ship in the middle of the ocean, lol - and now can't swim well, because I am too afraid of the deep water in the pool to learn. I have found myself suddenly out too deep while swimming the ocean/rivers and panicked. Not fun.).
- Falling/heights (I fell off a hotel balcony as a child, which wasn't great for my health. I now can't tell left from right or judge directions well, and cannot tolerate heights at all, from a step-ladder to a plane. Or very tall escalators).
- Escalators (I have nightmares about my clothes/toes being mauled by escalators, and one job I had required me to ride the tallest, steepest set of escalators in the city. I literally was sweating and shaking every single day as I arrived to work).
- Dying in my sleep (when my health is bad, I don't sleep well as a result of this fear).
- Pumpkins (particularly the blue-grey kind, I have no idea why - but you can understand why I hate that Halloween has come to Aus. ><)
I am not afraid of spiders (except the kinds it's best to be afraid of) or snakes, despite living in Australia, lol.
Though I was trapped in a very small outdoor lavatory with a VERY large tiger snake once.