Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-30-2014, 04:55 AM   #1 
PunkinOfSteel

We found King Monstro's brother :)

I made a thread here a few weeks ago about a pretty King boy I found at my local Petco that I named Monstro. He is white and cellophane with flecks of blue, orange and black.

Well, this past week we found his brother, King Arthur at the same Petco. He's white and cellophane with blues, yellows and greens in his tail.

There's also a little female that was added as well, Fable, who is white with pearlescent / opalescent coloring.

Both are pictured together.

They live in a 29 gallon planted tank with 3 other females, 3 different types of Gourami and some cherry shrimp and ghost shrimp.

We have kept males with similar set ups before, being kept in sororities with Gourami and everything always went perfect, we aren't breeding and have never had any try to attempt to spawn before. If there happens to be a spawning the nest will be removed.

Everyone is very peaceful with one another and calm.
Attached Images

PunkinOfSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:18 AM   #2 
Charc14

Wow, Both are beautiful! Maybe I will try one of you set ups one day, Sounds like it could work. So, Its pretty much like a sorority with male? :)
Charc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #3 
Tree

oh wow! they both look so content too. =) congrats in finding the little one. ^^
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:34 PM   #4 
kjg1029

that picture is adorable! they match!! and the look like their kissingXD lol
kjg1029 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #5 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

Awwwwww
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #6 
SiameseFightingArt

<3 I love seeing bettas be gentle with each other when in a sorority :3
SiameseFightingArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:41 AM   #7 
PunkinOfSteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charc14 View Post
Wow, Both are beautiful! Maybe I will try one of you set ups one day, Sounds like it could work. So, Its pretty much like a sorority with male? :)
Exactly. We have had Sororities with only the girls, then others with the girls, a Gourami and a small albino Bristlenose, then we have had 3 different Sororities with the girls, Gourami and a male. If I remember correctly all of the other tanks were with Veiltail males. We have kept Bettas for years now and these two are are first Kings, I like the idea that they are brothers too. Both Kings are quite mellow, all the other Kings we have met at Petco over the years have been very feisty and wanted to destroy us as well as the other Bettas they were sat next to.

Because Arthur is so massive next to all the girls in the tank before we got him we were testing his reaction to the other fish in the store, setting him next to the other males as well as holding him next to all the other fish in the store. He flared his fins but didn't react much, but he did want to murder a poor little red Veiltail who just as badly wanted to murder him lol.

We were ready with a 10 gallon on standby if he didn't work out in the 29 gallon community tank, but after his initial flaring in the floating bag he was quite calm. He was released and immediately went to the bottom of the tank and hid (we were really expecting him to come out guns blazing) and was quite meek down in the sand. But when he came up for air he would slowly float to the top with his fins flared to the max and his gills out just trying to look as big and bad as possible without drawing any attention. After a few minutes he started exploring the tank and the girls and was never aggressive towards them. One of the Gourami came up to him and touched Arthur's face with both of his Ventral fins and that was the only time he acted upset cause he flared up at him and chased him but for only a moment.

Attached is a picture of Monstro, Arthur's brother who we got at the beginning of the month, sitting in his cup waiting for his temporary tank to be set up.
Attached Images

PunkinOfSteel is offline   Reply With Quote