Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #131 
Pippin

The natural light is probably going to be more accurate on his color. The artificial is a lot more pretty and colorful.
Pippin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:02 PM   #132 
Rimbaum

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it here, but I remember on a doll forum I used to visit, there was a suggestion of putting a piece of paper in front of the flash to 'soften' the hard edge from it. I'm wondering if anyone's done this before with bettas?

EDIT: NOW I remember! They called it a diffuser, I think.
Rimbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #133 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbaum View Post
I don't know if anyone's mentioned it here, but I remember on a doll forum I used to visit, there was a suggestion of putting a piece of paper in front of the flash to 'soften' the hard edge from it. I'm wondering if anyone's done this before with bettas?

EDIT: NOW I remember! They called it a diffuser, I think.
That's an interesting idea!
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #134 
Tree

What I wanna try is taking a picture without the flash. I can get great shots with my flash but my boys colors change. but when I don't use flash, I get blurry shots at times. =/
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:14 AM   #135 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
What I wanna try is taking a picture without the flash. I can get great shots with my flash but my boys colors change. but when I don't use flash, I get blurry shots at times. =/
Same :<

The flash brings out the metallic which is nice but it's not the color I'm trying to capture.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:23 AM   #136 
Hallyx
Reference Team

The more light you can get on the subject, the faster shutter speed you can use, which means less motion blur. More light ... MORE light for sharper pictures.

Diffusion is a time-honored way of getting a gentler, less-shadowy, lower contrast light. Try that. Try mirrors to reflect more light onto the subject.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #137 
Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
Same :<

The flash brings out the metallic which is nice but it's not the color I'm trying to capture.
at least I am not the only one. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
The more light you can get on the subject, the faster shutter speed you can use, which means less motion blur. More light ... MORE light for sharper pictures.

Diffusion is a time-honored way of getting a gentler, less-shadowy, lower contrast light. Try that. Try mirrors to reflect more light onto the subject.
Oooh good idea with the mirrors. I don't want to take my bettas out of their homes to do photo shoots. my room is only bright enough when the sun sets and the lights in my room are too dim. I might add more light with my LEDs and add in the mirrors for more light. =)
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #138 
Kithy

I'm looking for a camera with manually adjustable shutter speed but it seems like only DSLR camera are like that. And they're generally WAY out of my price range ^_^

Is it a good idea to shine light directly onto the tank from another source, like a desk lamp or something? Will that help? I love taking pictures of my fish but they like to be difficult and some of my tanks have crappy light D:
Old 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM   #139 
Hallyx
Reference Team

It's fun to experiment with lighting. Different angles, top, back, side (especially side). Different color temperature (Kelvin). Mid-daylight and most plant lights are 6500K.

Most cameras have at least shutter-priority (TV) and aperture-priority (AV) settings, even cheap ones these days. You don't need a DSLR. In fact, modern view-screen cameras are easier to handle and more flexible, in my opinion.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:02 AM   #140 
Kithy

Not mine or not that I've found when I went through the settings. It only lets me pick from various "scenes". But at least it has a setting for food. I mean.. where would I be without that

Tags
anyone wanna go eat, watermelons?