Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #21 
Ami

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
You're very welcome. I forgot to mention. He uses large bottles in those videos. Due to a vertical space limit in my 10 gal tanks, I used that half-size water bottles. With a larger bottle you could probably put even more media in there and have it sustain a larger bioload.

I highly recommend making more and then stuffing them away for the day your power goes out (along with some battery-powered air pumps). I've never lost a fish during a power outage since I began using these.
Thanks, I will do that.

BTW, I simply loooove your fishtanks. They are beautiful. I got a 10G in which I am keeping 1 crowntail. Once I get a partition in, I will put one more betta in it and decorate it like yours. Your koi pond is pretty too. My wife and I want to have a Koi pond some day. My wife's grandfather used to have a really beautiful Koi pond.

~Ami
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #22 
thekoimaiden

Thank you! I love the design I have for my divided betta tanks. It saves them from fighting if they ever jump the divider: they just land in that middle part instead. It also keeps them from constantly flaring all the time. I don't think I've ever seen them flare through the double divider. I love it.

I'm very proud of my koi pond, too. They are simply amazing to have. Taking care of koi is very little like taking care of aquarium fish. It's challenging, and I enjoy that.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote