Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #1 
labloverl

Show your artificially planted tanks

Naturally planted tanks look awesome, but for those that don't have green thumbs, and don't want to get into maintaining the live plants, artificial plants can be just as fun to decorate with and look at. So, does anyone have any artificially planted tanks they want to share? I'll share my divided 10 gallon when I get a picture of it.
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #2 
Alcemistnv

You can't see it so well, but here is mine.

I had two plants in Pudge's side but they were removed before I got a pic.

I'm actually hoping for duckweed really soon, to add some real plant life.

Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:24 AM   #3 
TheCheese909

Photos of 4 of my tanks. All tanks are made of silk plants, no plastics as i've had a hard time keeping my fish from ruining their tails on them.

The first two are 5 gallons and the other two that are pictured together are 3 gallons. I added pictures of the fish that live in the tanks as well. Going in order we have Psych HM, Punkin VT, Slate CT and Steel HM.

There are moss balls in two of the tanks -the colorful 5 gallon & the half circle 3 gallon) as well as one Anubias on a lava rock, in the other 3 gallon.
Attached Images

TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #4 
Jupiter

Cheese, I LOVE that first tank! You mixed the colours perfectly.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #5 
labloverl

Yes, those tanks look great and so do the fish! Love them! I'd also like to ask if the plants came from craft stores, or are true aquarium plants. If from craft stores, did you modify them to not include the metal in the stem, or did you just glue the ends?

Please keep them coming!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #6 
TheCheese909

Thank you!

I get almost all my decor from PetCo and PetSmart. All the plants are from PetCo the more colorful tank is from PetCo's old selection of plants, my store as of a few months ago got rid of all of those and replaced them with the ones in the 1st tank. They look more natural now as to uhh.. playful or 'cartoony'.

I have the little red Confucius in the 1st tank, the little purple and orange plastic plants (look kinda like leafy moss balls) in the 2nd tank and the tall hut thing in the last are all from PetSmart.

I'll try to get around to taking photos of my other three, two of which aren't totally finished yet and are a little bare so i'm a little iffy on showing them off yet as there's not much to show lol.
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #7 
katydidmischief

This is Michael and Toothless' abode. I'm planning to add more silk plants; the green plastic is a specialty plant that is actually marketed for bettas and is extremely soft and smooth. Not like a plastic at all. The purple "coral" is silicon and Toothless likes to hide in it.

I'm planning to replace the red/brown/green plant in the back with something that's just green.
Attached Images

Last edited by katydidmischief; 08-30-2012 at 05:34 AM.
katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:00 AM   #8 
Kelly100

Yall's Betta tanks are BEAUTIFUL !!!! I would love to get a Betta one day soon. I HATE to go to Petsmart or any place that has them, and see them in those tiny containers. How pitiful they seem !! When yall clean their little tanks, do you change all the water completely ? And what about filters or heaters ?
Kelly100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #9 
labloverl

Ok, here's my 10 gallon. The fake plants don't look as good as they would in an undivided tank, but I still like it. The fish love all the hiding places too. Most of these plants are from the craft store, and I had to make the leaves into plants that stood up as I used the parts with the metal in the stems.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #10 
notsabrina

:)
notsabrina is offline   Reply With Quote