Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #11 
tunkisCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
He is looking much better! How long has he been in AQ salt? 14 days is the max, although you probably could go over a few days. Has he been eating and acting pretty good?

What a cute face he has. :)
He has been in AQ salt for 5 days so I think he will finish healing in perfect timing! He has been eating very well and he is active today I put him beside one of my females and he flared at her! :) In so happy with his progress :')
tunkisCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #12 
Sakura8

Haha, it's a pretty common misconception that freeze-dried isn't nutritious. Actually, they are very nutritious and have all the vitamins of frozen foods. It's just that some people believe overfeeding freeze-dried can cause bloating. I don't know if that's true or not, though.

:)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #13 
tunkisCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
Oh wow, he looks MUCH better already. That injury looked bad but clearly you've been taking great care of him :)

Do you give him pellets in addition to the bloodworms? I'm just asking because while bettas LOVE freeze-dried bloodworms, they're not very nutritious (I compare them to potato chips) and he needs the protein he can get from New Life Spectrum or Omega One Betta Buffet pellets :)
No have only fed him bloodworms but I will change that! Thanks for the tip! I have the pellets I feed my other bettas and also tropical medley:)
tunkisCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #14 
Sakura8

Frozen bloodworms are also excellent, if you can stand them. I feed mine with tweezers. All the protein he can get is great and a varied diet is good too. You're doing a great job, tunkis. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #15 
BettaQi

Oh I am so relieved for you!

I am glad I saw this after he'd recovered so much bc otherwise I would've been too scared!

You are doing a great job with him!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote