Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #11 
Kittykat7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
I love stories like this, it's great to see people out there making a difference in the lives of our favorite little fish. She is a true beauty and her beauty will shine bright with your love and care. Please keep us posted and can't wait to see pictures when she is all colored up and healthy.
Thanks. I love stories like mine too. I have seen so many on here and when I saw her at petco I just knew what I had to do. I can't wait to see her all better. She is already feeling better too. More of her red is starting to show and she is swimming a little more. I am going to take pics everyday to see the difference. I will post updates pics later.
Kittykat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #12 
Knitterly

I can't wait to see how nice she turns out!
Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #13 
teeneythebetta

Omg poor thing!
What's sad is that NOBODY would buy a betta that looked like that, she would've died at the store! :(
So awesome of you to rescue her! :') I'm sure with the warm water and food she will be healthy and colorful in no time! (:
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #14 
Kittykat7

Here are some day 2 pictures...

She is so skinny and colorless that my camera has a hard time focusing in on her so the picture quality isn't all that great. You can see in the pictures that her body is drooping behind her. She still has a little bend to her body but already getting much better. She is really swimming around a lot better too. She even flared at me so I was able to see more of her red color. I can't wait to see her healthy and colorful!

Thank you everybody for the warm comments. Normally I would look at a fish like her and just put her back and get a healthy looking one but for some reason she really captured my heart. I think it was from reading all the rescue stories on here. I just figured that if I do what everybody has been doing and just put her down that she would not make it much longer. I am happy I rescued her though, she is a little sweety!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #15 
aqua001

Aww... she looks so much better on day 2! What a pretty fishy!
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #16 
Kittykat7

Thank you, she is actually looking much better already. Yesterday she looked like she was near death and right now she is looking great. In the picture with the white cup behind her you can really she her red and even now I as type this she is even more red. She is such an awesome little lady.

Last edited by Kittykat7; 08-29-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #17 
TheCheese909

What are you feeding her right now live, frozen, pellets, flakes?
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #18 
Kittykat7

She had a little bit of flakes yesterday and about 3 frozen brine shrimp. Today she has just had some flakes. I use BettaMin Tropical Medley.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #19 
TheCheese909

Okay cool, it's nice that you're giving her some frozen foods as well as flakes. I try and feed my boys different stuff all the time, I have about 8 different types of flak and pellet foods as well as a few different freeze dried and frozen ones as well. Whenever any of them get sick i try and make sure to feed them mostly frozen as it seems they always get healthier faster.
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #20 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
She is really cute and I look forward to seeing more photos. :)
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote