Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #21 
Kittykat7

Day 3: Un-named lady fish is doing okay... but she hasn't eaten yet. She is swimming around nicely and has some more red in her fins but she won't eat. I tried giving her a yummy frozen shrimp and she didn't touch it. I tried some flakes and she nibbled on one but spit it out. When I moved her to a cup to do her water change I gave her a blood worm and still nothing. Will post pics soon.
Kittykat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #22 
Kittykat7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheese909 View Post
Okay cool, it's nice that you're giving her some frozen foods as well as flakes. I try and feed my boys different stuff all the time, I have about 8 different types of flak and pellet foods as well as a few different freeze dried and frozen ones as well. Whenever any of them get sick i try and make sure to feed them mostly frozen as it seems they always get healthier faster.
Yeah, I try to switch up their food as much as possible. I have flakes, blood worms, daphna, mysis, pellets and frozen brine shrimp. Whenever my bettas get torn fins I give them frozen shrimp right away to help them heal. One of my ladies (Cotton Candy) had a slit in her tail fin and I gave her some shrompies, before the day was even over you could barely see where the tear was. Same thing with my baby female betta. I noticed a slit down her tail, gave her some shrimp yesterday and it has already healed. Magical little food those shrimpies are... lol.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #23 
Kittykat7

Day 3 photos:

She is looking a little more full and my camera can actually focus on her body now. You can see even more red now. I took a couple with the flash on to see the red even better and she actually has a little blue in there too...

Old 08-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #24 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
If she isn't eating - I don't know how small she is but you could try smaller food. I had some fish that eat then spit out food that is too big for them, and when I got them small fish food they ate.

(I forgot if she is a baby. I use hikari First bites for really tiny fish, and Small Fish Formula by Life Spectrum for platys and sometimes the bettas eat it too. It's smaller than betta pellets or worms.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #25 
Tikibirds

poor thing :(

I wonder if she maybe has internal parasites?

Last edited by Tikibirds; 08-30-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #26 
Kittykat7

Hey fish friends... thanks for the concerns. She did eventually eat last night. She just wanted some regular betta flakes. I woke up to a very dark and very red little lady this morning! But of course as soon as some light found her she showed her stress marks again. You can still see a huge difference though. I will post some day 4 pictures later. She has already eaten a whole blood worm (she just had to play around and break it down a bit) and some betta flakes. She is swimming nicely but still has the bend in her back. Which brings me to a name finally... my dad called her Boomerang yesterday because of the bend and it just kind of stuck with her. So for now her name is Boomerang.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #27 
Kittykat7

Day 4 pictures of the newly named Boomerang.

I just love her tail fin... it forms a heart shape!

This picture shows why I went with the name Boomerang... lol. You can really see the heart shape in her tail.

Her red really shows up in this picture...

You can really see the tail regrowth now. She is really starting to look pretty. She is much more active today. I showed Boomerang her reflection and she got so happy. She was flaring at herself and her spirits are really high and she is swimming around more.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #28 
teeneythebetta

Aww cute little thing...
She reminds me of a female version of CandiceMM's heartbreaker :33
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #29 
Kittykat7

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Aww cute little thing...
She reminds me of a female version of CandiceMM's heartbreaker :33
You know what... that is exactly what I was thinking. I compared both Boomerang and Heart Breakers before pictures to each other and they look alike. And the more she gets better and the more red she gets the more she looks like Heart Breaker! Hear Breakers story is what actually inspired me to adopt Boomerang... and the other rescue stories on here.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #30 
NeoViking

She certainly looks a lot better on day 4 to what she did on day 1 (: she looks much happier!
I bet she loves her new home! space to move around and a nice diet! she must think she's gone to heaven!
Best of luck with her, I hope she feels better real soon.

Last edited by NeoViking; 08-31-2012 at 05:10 PM.
NeoViking is offline   Reply With Quote