Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #1 
RackinRocky

They're selling TINY bettas!

What is going on with Petsmart and Petco? I've been to both recently, and suddenly they have these tiny baby bettas that are no longer than 3/4-1 inch long! They sell them for $1.99 each. I have to admit I bought two little females, but have never had one anywhere near this small and am afraid they are too young. They are, however, eating for me. Frozen brine shrimp mixed with soaked and smashed NLS betta pellets, so far. I've only had them for 2 days. They are very active and seem healthy, but aren't bettas supposed to be sold only when they are at least twice as big as these?
RackinRocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #2 
jman828

Quote:
Originally Posted by RackinRocky View Post
What is going on with Petsmart and Petco? I've been to both recently, and suddenly they have these tiny baby bettas that are no longer than 3/4-1 inch long! They sell them for $1.99 each. I have to admit I bought two little females, but have never had one anywhere near this small and am afraid they are too young. They are, however, eating for me. Frozen brine shrimp mixed with soaked and smashed NLS betta pellets, so far. I've only had them for 2 days. They are very active and seem healthy, but aren't bettas supposed to be sold only when they are at least twice as big as these?
They're just younger than most and haven't been sitting at the pet store forever. They shouldn't be too yound unless they can't eat pellets or seem to have other issues. If s/he is eating and active than it's fine. And you may get an extra year or two out of it's life because it's young!
jman828 is offline   Reply With Quote