Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #11 
LittleBettaFish

Most of the fry are tiny and not even a half an inch in total size so I wouldn't want to do a salt bath as I think a sudden and massive change in salinity would be a bit too much for them at this point in time. Plus I don't want to be handling them too much as they are quite delicate. It was hard enough catching all of them from the parents' tank.

Going to just do the final treatment today and then do a large water change and gradually add salt and up the temperature by a couple more degrees.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #12 
babystarz

Oops I totally missed the part where you mentioned they were persephone :P I agree with a gentle and gradual treatment.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #13 
prodrumernate

i too agree with a gentle gradual treatment..dont want to put them into shock or introduce too much at 1 time.i think best is fresh clean water,and time,as well as feeding of course.
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

Haha yeah, hence why the parents were still together in there with them just in case anyone was thinking I was some kind of crazy person.

I figure as long as they aren't showing too much visible distress such as continually flashing or scraping or dying off in large numbers, I will just go slowly with the treatment. Most important thing is they get better.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #15 
prodrumernate

that sounds good..i need to remember for when i breed mine and if they get sick.hopefully they wont.but we never know and i can be more prepared.and i agree.important things is they get better and we surly dont want to make it worse
prodrumernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #16 
ao
TFK Moderator

:) just checking back to see how the wild betta queen's babies are doing :D
Hope they get well soon!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #17 
LittleBettaFish

Well did a big water change and a head count and luckily no one is dead or seems close to it. Even the tiniest ones had nice fat tums from their recent lunch. These guys were only hatched in the last two or so weeks.

I have raised the temperature up to 30 degrees and am slowly dripping salty water in as I type.

Some of them seem not to have any or only a very small amount of white spots on them and are not clamped or flashing while others still are quite infected. Hopefully I shall knock it on its head with high temperature and aquarium salt.

Not sure how to treat the ulcer thing under dad's mouth. Might put some salt in his and her tank as well.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #18 
ao
TFK Moderator

urk ulcer? I hope the little ones dot unherit what seems to be a terrible immune system from dad!

I heard that ick stops breeding at 86F
Now minus 32 from that.. then divide by 9... now times 5...
Yup 30 LOL
I guess that's the right temp then :)
Old 08-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #19 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah dad is such a dodgy head haha. I think he really got knocked around a bit with that first infection as he almost died and was all red and swollen around his head and gill area for ages.

Yeah I didn't want to push it up to 32 in case that stressed them too much. I have told dad to get down into his PVC pipe and get busy so if anything does happen I can still have some fry.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #20 
ao
TFK Moderator

:O you reconsitioned him already? Wont breeding again tired him out?