Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #1 
BettaLover223

Jack Skellington's somewhat photo shoot

He is just so cute! I've only had him for a day but yet everytime I enter my dorm room he greets me and follows me when I move around :) such a sweetheart I am so glad I bought him from Walmart. Best decision I've made in a while
Attached Images

BettaLover223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #2 
DragonFish

What an adorable face, and stunning orange coloring! What a find!!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #3 
BettaLover223

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
What an adorable face, and stunning orange coloring! What a find!!
I just love him! If he could, I think he'd follow me around like a puppy! And he's changing colors I think, but I never expected to find a fish like him at Walmart! When I saw him, I immediately thought of the character Jack Skellington!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #4 
DragonFish

Ahh, I know how that is...I'm pretty sure several of mine would if they could as well. xD Bettas have such a personality, often just like little underwater puppies. Such fantastic companions. <3

Oh yes, such am amazing find at Walmart! He even looks fairly healthy, and such beautiful finage!

Ah, don't you just love when a fish clicks with you like that? How you just pick up their little cup and just KNOW? Its one of my favorite things about this hobby. <3
Old 08-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #5 
BettaLover223

Quote:
Ahh, I know how that is...I'm pretty sure several of mine would if they could as well. xD Bettas have such a personality, often just like little underwater puppies. Such fantastic companions. <3

Oh yes, such am amazing find at Walmart! He even looks fairly healthy, and such beautiful finage!

Ah, don't you just love when a fish clicks with you like that? How you just pick up their little cup and just KNOW? Its one of my favorite things about this hobby. <3
My other two back at home don't like me as much as he likes (I mean loves) me. He always watches me which I've never had a fish do so I feel kind of weird haha. I was very suprised to find such a find at wal mart. He was in really crappy water (pardon the pun).

I looked for a while at the others and they didn't seem very lively or exotic. I wanted something that you didn't see very often and I found Jack. I knew if I didn't get him someone else would who would put him in those tiny bowls and I could let him go.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #6 
DragonFish

Oh yes, I definitely have a few like that.....Dice, Nine, Sebastian, and Ciel are most certainly more cat-like then puppy like, though Ciel gets rather upset and nips his tail if I leave for more then a couple of days, and especially if someone else is left to feed him. xD I'm quite certain the other six however would be various breeds of dogs if they were mammals, all piling on me to sleep at night and curling around my feet during the day xD

When I first got into keeping though, my third betta was very special. He was a copper marble delta and my baby until the end, I SWEAR if he had little legs or paws he would have NEVER left my side, regardless if he had to be in the water or not. He sadly passed away suddenly while I was away from home....but I'll never forget him, he was just that special.
I also had a Cellophane VT who was like thats couple years back, but he was struck by a mystery disease and lived only a month with me.
Out of the goodness knows how many bettas I've had, those two will always stick out in my memory as being particularly puppy-like.

Thankfully my Walmart doesn't carry fish, nor have I lived near one that did....but I'm quite familiar for their terrible reputation as far as care goes of course, and I know they usually don't have the most variety....so you certainly found yourself a gem there! I probably couldn't have passed him up myself either. ;)
Old 08-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #7 
BettaLover223

Quote:
Oh yes, I definitely have a few like that.....Dice, Nine, Sebastian, and Ciel are most certainly more cat-like then puppy like, though Ciel gets rather upset and nips his tail if I leave for more then a couple of days, and especially if someone else is left to feed him. xD I'm quite certain the other six however would be various breeds of dogs if they were mammals, all piling on me to sleep at night and curling around my feet during the day xD

When I first got into keeping though, my third betta was very special. He was a copper marble delta and my baby until the end, I SWEAR if he had little legs or paws he would have NEVER left my side, regardless if he had to be in the water or not. He sadly passed away suddenly while I was away from home....but I'll never forget him, he was just that special.
I also had a Cellophane VT who was like thats couple years back, but he was struck by a mystery disease and lived only a month with me.
Out of the goodness knows how many bettas I've had, those two will always stick out in my memory as being particularly puppy-like.

Thankfully my Walmart doesn't carry fish, nor have I lived near one that did....but I'm quite familiar for their terrible reputation as far as care goes of course, and I know they usually don't have the most variety....so you certainly found yourself a gem there! I probably couldn't have passed him up myself either. ;)
Oh yeah I was shocked with most of the conditions of the fish there, but Jack wasn't bad at all from what I noticed. Just a lot of crap and food in his but the water wasn't murky yet either. I'm sorry to hear that I remember I had a fish named Oki (japanese for sea) for almost a year and I loved him because he was a gift from my best friend then he mysteriously died.

I got two other fish waiting for me at home though. One is a dragon scale delta tail (I recently learned that I thought he was half moon) and I can't figure out his color so I call it copper red and the other is a royal red/blue crowntail who I rescued from petsmart when I saw most of his tail was gone and he was in a horrid cup.

But I saw later that he had blue eyes, so you never know what gem you'll pick up :) Though I will say that Jack is by far my favorite boy he has the most personality. I just caught him sitting on the plant I had gotten him so now I know he really loves it
Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #8 
DragonFish

Oh yes, after all the horror stories I feel quite lucky that my Walmart doesn't carry fish and that I've thankfully never been in a Walmart that I can remember that did have bettas. There is a Meijer here though that carrys fish, however their tanks are very clean, their fish always appear healthy, and they even have live plants. They have bettas, but only a handful of various VTs in cups larger then Petco, and it looks as if their water gets changed quite often. Its quite nice actually.
Ahh, its alright, but thank you. ^-^ Its coming up on three years since both passed, so its been a long time....I still miss them though.

Awww, they sound adorable, especially your dragon! I kind of have a soft spot for Dragons. xD <3
Oh most definitely, especially in those terrible blue Petsmart cups. I just picked up what I assumed was just a simple red dragon, but he came out with this very interesting teal iridescence to him that was completely hidden by the blue water. You never know what you'll get there!
Awwww, how cute! I bet hes so grateful for being out of those terrible conditions, I find that ironically sometimes rescues tend to even be a little more attentive and personable. I like to think that in some little fishy way they're grateful. ;)
Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #9 
BettaLover223

Quote:
Oh yes, after all the horror stories I feel quite lucky that my Walmart doesn't carry fish and that I've thankfully never been in a Walmart that I can remember that did have bettas. There is a Meijer here though that carrys fish, however their tanks are very clean, their fish always appear healthy, and they even have live plants. They have bettas, but only a handful of various VTs in cups larger then Petco, and it looks as if their water gets changed quite often. Its quite nice actually.
Ahh, its alright, but thank you. ^-^ Its coming up on three years since both passed, so its been a long time....I still miss them though.

Awww, they sound adorable, especially your dragon! I kind of have a soft spot for Dragons. xD <3
Oh most definitely, especially in those terrible blue Petsmart cups. I just picked up what I assumed was just a simple red dragon, but he came out with this very interesting teal iridescence to him that was completely hidden by the blue water. You never know what you'll get there!
Awwww, how cute! I bet hes so grateful for being out of those terrible conditions, I find that ironically sometimes rescues tend to even be a little more attentive and personable. I like to think that in some little fishy way they're grateful. ;)
Yeah the walmart nearby my college does but by my house they don't sell them thank god. Yeah, my dragon, Dragon haha, but he doesn't act very grateful haha but Blaze the rescue does.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #10 
DragonFish

I've heard some Walmarts are just stopping keeping fish all together.....hopefully they eventually get the hint and they'll all stop. 8/
Yeeeeah....Ciel is rather like that, quite prissy. xD But hes also my oldest I when I got him he couldn't have been more then 4 months....so hes rather used to the cushy life, lol.

Tags
betta veilteil orange