Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #11 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

You shouldn't blame your parents.
You should be a responsible person and step up to the task of taking care of your own animals. These are your pets, not your parent's, and you should be a good owner and take care of them. Of course they're going to get sick without water changes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #12 
Alcemistnv

I agree.

I've heard a lot from you about blaming your parents but these are YOUR fish.

They're there to HELP you.
As I said before, a one gallon cleaning is not hard. If you're not doing it and instead will jsut blame your parents, you're showing how irresponsible **YOU** Are.

Your parents have nothing to do at the moment with your sick fish. Unless they tried purposely to kill him in some way to cause him to look like this.

But right now, just tell us what is going on WITHOUT blaming your parents, please? :)
Old 08-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #13 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
You shouldn't blame your parents.
You should be a responsible person and step up to the task of taking care of your own animals. These are your pets, not your parent's, and you should be a good owner and take care of them. Of course they're going to get sick without water changes.
Posted via Mobile Device
and this school year gets shoved back to me.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #14 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Unhappy no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
I agree.

I've heard a lot from you about blaming your parents but these are YOUR fish.

They're there to HELP you.
As I said before, a one gallon cleaning is not hard. If you're not doing it and instead will jsut blame your parents, you're showing how irresponsible **YOU** Are.

Your parents have nothing to do at the moment with your sick fish. Unless they tried purposely to kill him in some way to cause him to look like this.

But right now, just tell us what is going on WITHOUT blaming your parents, please? :)
no, I don't want to get negative feedback again.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #15 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Well, if you took proper care of your animals there'd be less negative feedback.
Doing water changes doesn't hurt at all, even if you can't get a heater... Do water changes with the same temperature water instead of warm water, a steady temperature is better than an unsteady one...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #16 
teeneythebetta

Im confused... You dont know how often you change the water? O.o

Your 1 gallon could do every other day water changes.. So probably about 2 50% changes and 1 100% change each week...

I mean, no offense, but it cant be that hard to change a 1 gallon bowl.. it doesnt weigh all that much.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #17 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I would do a water change as soon as you can, it doesnt take much time and if it helps fill up a gallon water jug you can use one that milk comes in just rinse it very well. Fill up the jug with water and put in the conditioner in the morning and its ready to use when you get home from school. You can use a clean cup to get the water out of your tank one that has been rinsed alot, no soap okay just rinse it over and over. When you get to the where the water just covers your fish pour him into a bowl or something and put the fresh conditioned water in your tank. Good luck !
Old 08-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #18 
Alcemistnv

It's not negative feedback when you actually do what you've been advised to do for maybe months now :/

I understand when a parent doesn't agree with your pet, but it's still your duty as the owner to do your part.

I think that the tank needs to be cleaned and most likely that's the probme, otherwise he could get ammonia poisoning soon.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #19 
Pearl2011

The heaters not your fault, but once you get the hang of water change you can change 2 tanks in under 20 mins.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #20 
LebronTheBetta

These fish are *your* responsibility. My mom couldn't care less about Lebron but I do changes, we're almost the same age remember! Just do more water changes and make a schedule. You don't need a test kit but it's much more better to have one. Like I said in a few posts before, if you can't care for it, don't buy it.
Please get up, do a water change, (100% AND SAME TEMPERATURE!!!) and get a thermometer. Please be more responsible and if you can't take care of King Dedede that much, I'm afraid I suggest you to rehome Equinox and sell his tank for money and buy King better supplies and a bigger tank.
Closed Thread