Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #21 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
*foaming* I BLAME MY PARENTS
I blame them too. For a heck of a lot more than not helping you with water changes.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #22 
finnfinnfriend

I have a few questions to help clarify. I'm not trying to be mean, I just want to know...

How do you not know how often you change the water? Is it because you just do it when it looks dirty?

How many pellets do you give him in a feeding (about)?

Why can't you do water changes without your parents help? Do you need someone to teach you how?

Do you have a bike or something that you can ride to petsmarts? Could you get a ride with a friend?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:01 AM   #23 
ao
TFK Moderator

... Little Leaf, it's not good to blame. in situations like this, it's better for your fish if you say- "What can I do to help him?"
He will not get magically better unless the water changes are done. Saying that you are unable to do water changes is the same as telling people that you cannot and should not be takig care of your fish.

If you are willing, you can PM me your address and I will send you some duckweed, free of charge. these will help with the ammonia levels. I will even mail you an airline tubing with instructions on how to siphon if you are willing to learn.

It may seem OK to have people pity you because of how terrible you think your parents are, but you need to take action yourself. Pity wont save your fish right?

there are many members on this forum who are your age or younger. Some maintain multiple fish tanks at the same time, doing the required water changes.

I'm sorry, you remind me of my 7 year old sister, who blames others to be pitied and recieve less punishment for her own actions. It's really just bad character. And I lecture her much more harshly.

that may be my bias here.

Please tell me if you want the duckweed or not.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:43 AM   #24 
PaintedOaksOki

I don't believe it's your parents fault for everything here... You could ride your bike, use a bus, or catch a ride with a friend to the petstore... If it's in close range. Having a heater is a basic need for your fish, these are TROPICAL fish who need warm water. Doing water changes isn't that hard at all, especially once you get the hang of it. ;)
And for water changes in a 1gallon it's every other day, a 50% and a 100% each week! :D
Old 08-31-2012, 04:20 PM   #25 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
I think I'm gonna die from stress. I CANNOT TAKE ANYMORE- gFGHJG OH FORGET IT
Old 08-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #26 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Can you please just answer my questions? I am just trying to help you with your betta. It's none of my business what your parents do or don't do. Please just answer my questions so I can help.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #27 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Little leaf- we understand that your parents aren't much help both physically and financially when it comes to your fish. BUT water chanes are no excuse- there is a cause to every problem and it is very possible that high ammonia is contributing to your fish's lethargy.
It is hard to help if youre not willing to TRY to do what your capable of, it's much harder to do when you have TWO fish not receiving care, let alone one.
It really hurt me when I politely asked you via VM if your first betta got equiptment and you said no that you're saving up for a Nintendo ds game. That really hurts me to see no effort being put in at all towards the well being of these living creatures.

Last edited by teeneythebetta; 08-31-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #28 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
I have a few questions to help clarify. I'm not trying to be mean, I just want to know...

How do you not know how often you change the water? Is it because you just do it when it looks dirty?

How many pellets do you give him in a feeding (about)?

Why can't you do water changes without your parents help? Do you need someone to teach you how?

Do you have a bike or something that you can ride to petsmarts? Could you get a ride with a friend?

How do you not know how often you change the water? Is it because you just do it when it looks dirty? yes. no.

How many pellets do you give him in a feeding (about)? 2 each day

Why can't you do water changes without your parents help? Do you need someone to teach you how? King Dedede is too fast :

Do you have a bike or something that you can ride to petsmarts? Could you get a ride with a friend? yea, but I can't go anywhere by myself yet
Old 08-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #29 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
How do you not know how often you change the water? Is it because you just do it when it looks dirty? yes. no.

How many pellets do you give him in a feeding (about)? 2 each day

Why can't you do water changes without your parents help? Do you need someone to teach you how? King Dedede is too fast :

Do you have a bike or something that you can ride to petsmarts? Could you get a ride with a friend? yea, but I can't go anywhere by myself yet

Okay. Well how do you not know how often you do water changes?
Old 08-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #30 
teeneythebetta

My fish is fast as heck too! Try catching a hyper active female betta in a 10 gallon tank! She is a motor boat! It takes time and effort but it's worth it in the end when the animal I'm responsible for has good water quality.
Closed Thread