Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #11 
katydidmischief

My thoughts are with you. It's so hard when they get sick; I work at a vet clinic and every one just breaks your heart because you want them well now and not later. Hopefully she'll be on the mend soon and this will be a memory. Hugs for you and for Kelsey!
katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #12 
Sakura8

Thank you so much, Katy. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #13 
teeneythebetta

Oh my gosh im so sorry shes going through this!! I hope she gets well soon!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #14 
Sakura8

Thanks, Teeney. I do too. She's old and crabby but she's also so darn adorable when she's crabby. :)
Old 09-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #15 
finnfinnfriend

Awww poor booboo :...( I hope she feels better soon. I just found out I might have a liver problem too so I feel for her.....
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #16 
Sakura8

Thank you, finnfinn. Best wishes for you and your health as well.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #17 
TheCrabbyTabby

Oh, Sakura. :'(

Its so hard when your kitty isn't well and there isn't anything you can do to fix it and make the poor feline all better. I had a very special kitty named Muffy. She was a grey and white long haired tuxedo and acted more like a dog than a cat. She would comfort you when you were crying, and yowl at my mother and I to stop screaming at eachother whenever we strongly disagreed on a subject, because she apparently didn't like conflict. She would also follow you around the house, and was always there to greet me when I came home from school. I even told her my deepest darkest secrets knowing that she would never tell. She was like a sister to me. A furry, four legged sister.

She eventually came down with kidney complications, a common thing in older cats, and then the kidneys failed, the liver failed, and we thought it best to end her suffering. She could barely walk and was a gaunt skeleton towards the end.

Then I had to go through the same thing with a second cat, a short haired tortie named Myrtle. Its tough and never gets any easier. I wish you comfort and peace when the time does come to say goodbye to her, and see her off to the rainbow bridge.

I do believe that the animals that have touched our lives in the mortal realm, go onto to be a sort of guardian spirit to us as they pass onto the immortal plane of the afterlife. I know Muffy is always watching over me, and she does visit me in dreams from time to time. I know its weird, but she does. She is always going to be the most special cat in the world to my heart, and no other cat will ever hold a candle to her in my eyes.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 09-05-2012 at 12:21 AM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #18 
Sakura8

Thank you, Crabby. I'm so sorry you had to go through such a hard time with Muffy and Myrtle. I went through a similar thing with my old tuxedo when he got diabetes. It's tough but it's worth it. Losing pets is one of the hardest things in the world but the journey through life with them is worth it, no matter how long or how short a time we have with them. Hopefully with this feeding tube, Kelsey will be able to get back on her feet and live many more years. The vet told us today that her liver values had improved and she had gained a pound so things are looking up.