Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #1 
PaintedOaksOki

Fish Suggestions?

So my dad had a planted aquarium but he started having issues with the plants because we were gone alot, and such, but now we are back after summer holidays and he gave me his Fluval tank! I'm not really sure what I want to put in it, I was thinking I'd get a female betta to live happily in it or something... I have no clue really! I know about betta care, but I was curious to see if this tank is suitable for a betta? It's a bit upright so I wasn't to sure!

http://uk.hagen.com/Aquatic/Aquarium...-Desktop/10512

If you read it's a 7.9 gallon tank, so I'm not worried about space, but it says shrimp tank? The one we have didn't say shrimp tank... It's go the same look/light/and a filter with adjustable flow! So my question to you guys is: Can I keep a betta in this tank? Or anyother fish?

OOPS! I found the right one now >.< I'll get the other link for you guys! The tank we have is called 'Flora' it's the same size/looks!

Also: What sort of fish do suggest?

I personally would like to get another betta! ^.^
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #2 
PaintedOaksOki

Fixed it! So just ignore the stuff about shrimp ^^' sorry guys!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #3 
Seki

Wow, congrats!! Yeah, 7.9 gallons will make a fantastic home for a betta! You could get a cute little female or a big, gorgeous male and either would be thrilled to go from a cup to a mansion like that.

That's so nice of your dad to let you have that tank! Being gifted tanks is always amazing. My brother gave me his 20 gallon. I'm still working out where I can keep it, but as soon as I get it set up, I'm going to do a sorority along with some cories. Planning for new tanks is always so much fun!
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #4 
PaintedOaksOki

We have a ten gallon I was given and I'm saving it for a sorority... When I'm allowed! xD
I have a half moon male in my 5 gallon, he resides in my room, and this tank will be in our office/computer room!
Old 08-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #5 
thekoimaiden

Really anything under 10 gallons isn't suited for much more than bettas. Treat yourself and get another betta. If the light is good for plants, you could attempt a planted tank.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #6 
PaintedOaksOki

Meh, I don't want to deal with a planted tank! xD A little lazy in that remark, but I got another betta... He's a half moon xD AND REALLY PRETTY! :D lol I have no name for him yet.
I walked into the store planning to get a female... All their females were nice and healthy, but I saw this guy and my heart melted xD