Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #21 
TheCheese909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
Ooooo I do like that!

I want to do something below 5 gallons because I already have a 5 gallon, and doing water changes in college is going to be difficult xD

I really do like that is has a lid and a filter already included, so that explains the price....

I think I definitely have to check this off as an option.

I'm hoping that when I get rid of Buddha's tank, I'll keep it to the side for another fish in the future xD

I haven't had any problems with the 3 fish in the dorm, the RA's all know about it, so who knows what will happen months from now xD
I have the 3 gallon and i LOVE it. I did replace the filter in it with something smaller, as I originally have a HM in there and i figured it would be a bit too windy. I replaced the filter with this:

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/1...9kG3E7TNg2.gif

Here are acouple pictures of how i had it set up.. the first photo is when I had my HM in it, who I have since given to a friend and now my CT lives in it, which is the other two photos.

I love that tank, it's beautiful.

I would pick gravel until you're able to get a siphon for sand. I prefer natural gravel with some random marbles thrown in for the little extra color even if the gravel is colored, it just makes it look better.. I used to be marbles only but then I got an awesome gravel vacuum and i just love the way gravel looks now that i'm able to clean it properly.
Attached Images

TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #22 
Frazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsabrina View Post
I agree with babystarz! I also have the Marineland Crescent tank in the 5 gallon and I absolutely love it. The style is very open and modern, and the shape is super compact. The whole tank looks so sleek in my room! I purchased mine in-store at Petsmart. It helps to sign up for the free rewards card, I find myself making pretty frequent trips for extra equipment.

Some cons that I've personally encountered:
  • Because of the heater, the condensation builds up and fogs the lid. My betta isn't much of a jumper, so whenever I'm in the room with him I'll just take off the lid completely. I prefer this lid over black bulky lids on a standard aquarium.
  • The Whisper filter that comes with the tank is a little too big for my liking, BUT I can't complain since it was provided with tank (one less thing I had to buy). IMO the filter is super quiet as opposed to what other reviews on the website have said. If you purchase it and hear a loud "buzz" just slightly move the wiring away from the filter.
  • There's a bit of a current from the filter that will push your betta slightly downwards when s/he swims beneath it. If you fill your tank water right up to the lip it diffuses the current. Or you can just put a lot of plants below the suction so not as much water comes out of the top.
Aside from that, I love the Marineland Crescent. Good luck finding your tank! (Edit: Oops, didn't see that you already bought it! Cool!)

Here's mine after I did a 100% water change and redecorated before my trip to Disneyland!
Do bettas jump? I got a betta that likes to go to the surface and "flick" water. I keep my lid on to make sure he doesnt decide to jump out and steal my car
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #23 
TheCheese909

Bettas jump, they are excellent jumpers and many people have lost their Bettas because they jumped out of their tank and dried out.
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #24 
Pearl2011

Bettas jump, alot. Mine someone got out with the lid duct taped on. And I it was cut to fit the heater so there was no open space.
Pearl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #25 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl2011 View Post
Bettas jump, alot. Mine someone got out with the lid duct taped on. And I it was cut to fit the heater so there was no open space.
NINJA!
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #26 
Alcemistnv

wow I missed a lot~

Thanks everyone for the info and the pictures :)

I can see if I can find some rocks around campus, maybe take some from near the pond, and they definitely need to be sanitized. There's a joke that you can catch diseases just from touching the water, let alone swimming in it.

I'm not sure if there is a rule about the limit of tanks, whether they have to add up to 10, or if the biggest can be a 10, but I currently don't have room on my desk for a printer, let alone my laptop if I wanted to -.-

The two tanks plus some small supplies have taken over xD
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote