Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #1 
Sadie555

Unhappy Ever Feel Like Giving Up?

I don't think I should take care of fish anymore. The first fish I got lived for a day or two. The second fish I got is dying now, and probably has SBD.

I don't want to kill anymore fish. Should I keep getting them?
Sadie555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #2 
Fredsterbit

Well not yet, but let's go through your typical process of getting a fish. What do you do? What is your fish doing? Have you gotten your water tested? What kind of fish did you get? And why do you think it has SBD?

Last edited by Fredsterbit; 08-31-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Fredsterbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #3 
OrangeAugust

If you've done lots of research and are keeping your fish in healthy conditions, then it might just be a bad coincidence that you've bought fish that might have been already sick. In that case, you should get more fish if you would like- they most likely won't be sick when you buy them and will survive a long while.
But you have to make sure you do all your research, ask for help, and make sure you provide the proper care with the proper equipment. If you don't have the means to provide the correct conditions either because of lack of a budget for fish stuff or because you're young and your parents don't want to provide it, then maybe you should wait until another time when you can make sure you have all the right supplies and have done enough research to at least know how to give the proper basic care to your fish.
I'm not assuming you've cared for your fish the wrong way. I don't recall any specific threads you've posted here, so I'm just trying to thoroughly answer your question.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #4 
Sadie555

I posted a question in the Betta Fish Emergency section, and NO ONE answered. So I had to do a lot of searching elsewhere online before I found someone who's fish had the similar symptoms. Check out my post over there. I answered all the questions.

I don't mean to yell at anyone, but I feel so hopeless and I have my lights off so my fish won't be stressed because I think she's on her death bed and I'm really upset.
Sadie555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #5 
registereduser

you have to give people time to answer, it may take 24 hours before you get a few answers. This isn't IM

I will go over to your other post now and bump it up if I can't help.......
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #6 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie555 View Post
I posted a question in the Betta Fish Emergency section, and NO ONE answered. So I had to do a lot of searching elsewhere online before I found someone who's fish had the similar symptoms. Check out my post over there. I answered all the questions.

I don't mean to yell at anyone, but I feel so hopeless and I have my lights off so my fish won't be stressed because I think she's on her death bed and I'm really upset.
Hi Sadie, I think I did answer that post, I remember somthing similar to someone needing Emergency help, and didn't know how to post..if that was you, I responded, but let's start from the begining, if you are having issues, and need help, we can help you by asking a few questions, first of all, what kind of setup do you have for your fishy, are you using a heater, and what kind of food are you feeding you fishy?? It's a lot of questions, but it will help us to better understand your dilemma
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sadie, next time no one answers your posts you can contact a moderator and we will be glad to help you. I'm so sorry you have been feeling so stressed out.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #8 
nemolover

I don't think anyone is incapable and the community on this forum is great, just keep asking the questions you have and these wonderful people will help you!
nemolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #9 
teeneythebetta

Hello! I'm really sorry to hear what you've dealt with. I've lost over 5 fish from illness due to the poor care they received at the breeding mill and the pet store.
It really really sucks. But it's not always your fault, some things are out of our control.

My suggestion is to either find a LPS that keeps their bettas in excellent conditions, or order a betta using aquabid or through a good breeder on the forum. I've seen some very nice fish for as little as $10 shipped- but it is worth it because the fish would have been given great care since it was born, and should be healthy.

I say- don't give up. Do lots of research and get yourself another one :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote