Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #21 
mstenorsaxplayer

I did the test again. It looks like velvet to me.
mstenorsaxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #22 
ANHEL123

Turn the light off since part of their reproduction they use photosynthesis.

You wrote that you been using Jungle Ick Guard . How long you been using it? If you using it I would finish it . And I would do like you wrote daily water changes. But every time when you change the water add the require dose for that day.
Make sure every time when you make changes you acclimate him to new water chemestry/temp by adding little bit of the new water in his changing cup and let him used to it for about 5-10 min. Do if for about 3 times.

How long you have to use medications?

I would use aquarium salt after medications for 10 days.

Salt is more for any secondary infection from wounds left by the parasite when they detach, however , in some cases it can help to kill them.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #23 
ANHEL123

Wait i just look at your last post and saw Lil Sano pictures. Im really don'lt see that he has velvet. Are you sure.
Are you done with medications? Did you do whole course of it? Is he changing the color? More symptoms?
Old 09-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #24 
mstenorsaxplayer

There are no more symptoms. Well, he did have a red spot on top of his lil back that looked like a scratch. When ever I do the test though it looks like velvet. He is finished with his treatment. He has a copper stripe going down his spine though?
Old 09-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #25 
ANHEL123

if you really think it is just do aquarium salt with temp rising. Aquarium salt will also help with secondary infections And don't worry to stress him out with salt. It better to get rid of those little parasites that can kill him.

I have dark blue betta just like yours and i tried to shine light on him just to look how he will look under the light. Color kind of different under straight light ...
I just was thinking since you treated him with medications may be that is why he looks better and difficult to spot with naked eye.
Also you saying that he don't have symptoms. What was his symptoms before? I know you wrote his head brown and clamped fins. Did he tried to scratch himself on objects?
And his head is not brown now?
Old 09-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #26 
mstenorsaxplayer

His head is still brown, along with a a copper stripe going down his back. He did scratch a lot, but I assumed it was from the ick. The went away about 3 months ago. His fins looked clamped in places. I think that may be from the fin rot or maybe even scars? He has been acting just a bit sluggish lately, but not too bad.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #27 
ANHEL123

Yes if he scratch a lot it was from ick. And if he is sluggish even a bit then i would definitely treat with aquarium salt. And it will help for fin rot , scars and parasites if any left.
Also if you can buy frozen blood worms it also will help. A lot of people on this forum recommending it. It has protein also will boost his immune system ....
Let me know if you need more instruction on salt treatment.
And take everything out from his tank and disinfect it. I can tell you how to disinfect it. What do you have in his tank?
Old 09-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #28 
teeneythebetta

I would not feed frozen blood worms more than twice a week, they're like treats. Youre better off with a high quality pellet like new life spectrum or omega one.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #29 
ANHEL123

Oh yes thank you that what i meant ...I would even recommend to feed those once or twice a week as a meal replacement. Break off a tiny piece (careful not to overfeed) of the block they're frozen in and drop it into the tank. It melts almost instantly ...
Also you can feed frozen food with an eyedropper. Break/cut off a small piece let it sit for a minute,then use the eyedropper to feed.

Last edited by ANHEL123; 09-05-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #30 
mstenorsaxplayer

Okay, well I have been feeding him freeze dried bloodworms as a treat about 2x a week. Is that okay?