Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #61 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by syds mom View Post
Now I have to figure out how to sterilize the 5 gallon tank that I put him in for the night that I got him. I am afraid that there could be a chance that whatever he has might be in it.Any thoughts on sterilizing it. I am going to throw substrate away.

I have read that you can use bleach and I have read that bleack is a NO NO
When I asked the member "OldFishLady" here on BettaFish.com how to sterilize my 30 Gallon tank that I bought from a garage sale, she said for me to add like a half cup of Bleach to the completely filled 30 Gallon tank and let it sit for 24 hours overnight. (It was so big I had it in the tub). I used a cup to scoop out all the water, Then I rinsed it out like crazy with the sprayer while the tank was laying on it's side.

Not sure what amout to add to soak a smaller tank, but maybe someone else can advise you on that.

Good Luck! I feel for you and your sick Betta. Alot of my fish are sick right now also and am looking for help and advice. Hang in there. I hope things go well for you and Tid Bit!!

Last edited by Kitty Whiskers; 09-07-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #62 
lelei

How is Tidbit doing..I hope there is some imporvement, is he eating?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #63 
syds mom

Thank you Kitty Whiskers, Hope your fish get better. It gets exausting trying to help these little fish especially when you dont know what to do. Thank goodness for the people on here that can give advice and direct us in the right direction.
I am thinking bleach is the right way to go but its a 5 gallon tank and like you I dont know exactly how much to use. I sure wouldnt want any other fish to get this.
As for Tidbit, even though this could be his final days he has recieved a name and loving care.
syds mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #64 
syds mom

lelei, no improvement at all and wont eat. I know this is getting to the end but I cant seem to let go. I guess I hope for miracles to much. I just think I need to give him a couple days to see.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #65 
lelei

If yu havent tried frozen bw"s..or brune shrimp id give it a gi..if he refuses soak in garlic..and try again..i know its a struggle..ive been there with my tescues..and I thought I was gonna lose a fewi got very lucky..i sure hope yu do too..:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #66 
syds mom

lelei, I have tried frozen bloodworms,4 different kinds of pellets, flakes, did the garlic soak and frozen brine shrimp and the only thing he did eat was a few brine shrimp a few days back. He has lost his apetite completely. I try to feed him almost every couple hours and all that happens is the turkey baster gets used. I dont like to touch my bettas to much but a couple hours ago he looked like he was dead, so I put my finger by him and bumped him and he did move an inch but that was all. Things are looking grim.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #67 
syds mom

Tidbit has passed. I want to thank you all for you support and help in trying to help him. He got a name, loving care, and now a place in my back yard. I in return got a betta that will be in my heart forever.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #68 
Kitty Whiskers

Oh No! I'm so sorry you lost Tidbit :( RIP little Betta. HUGS to you syds mom, you tried your best. Yes you are right, Tidbit got lots of love and a caring person to live with, and he lives on in your heart.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #69 
syds mom

thank you Kitty Whiskers. I just wish he would of came to me sooner, that way the meds might of worked.I think thats why he was given to me in the first place. I dont think he was very well taken care of in the first place.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #70 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by syds mom View Post
Tidbit has passed. I want to thank you all for you support and help in trying to help him. He got a name, loving care, and now a place in my back yard. I in return got a betta that will be in my heart forever.
Awe im so sorry! Youre right, you gave him what 99.9% of others would not have <3
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote