Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #1 
HelloThere123Betta

RIP Bruce, My very first betta

Well, I'm sad to say that last night my very first betta fish, Bruce, passed away. I had Bruce for over a year and 2 months and I knew it was coming. He had been all droopy, laying on the bottom of the tank, not moving or eating anything. I felt bad and I wanted him to feel a little bit better so I changed his tank water hoping that it would make him feel a little more comfortable and maybe help him get over it, but when I woke up in the morning I checked on him and he was gone :( First I went and told my mother who said she was sorry. She knew how much I loved him. Then I went back into my room and scooped him out. I always told my self that when he eventually died I would bury him because it seemed more honorable, but when I saw him this morning I wanted nothing more than to get it over with as fast as possible. So I went downstairs to my own bathroom and flushed him, locked the door and cried a little bit. I know that some of you might think that flushing him down the toilet was wrong but I really don't think I could have gone out and buried him without crying in front of my entire family and neighbors. I just wanted to get it over with.
Bruce, all I can say is that I miss you dearly. You were the greatest betta fish that anyone could have asked for. You were always there to cheer me up when I went to your tank and you swam right up to it, happy that someone was there to admire you and call you pretty.
I'll always remember you!
HelloThere123Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Always sad to loose a close friend.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #3 
Bettanewbie60

I am so sorry...hugs.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags