Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #11 
mattoboy

*hugs and kisses*
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #12 
Jupiter

Oh no, that's horrible. I can't believe he'd do that to you, it's not Teeney's fault and it's certainly not your fault either. :(

I'm sure she'll be ok though, since you put so much effort into finding her another home.

I kinda know what you're going through, with the social problems...if you ever wanna chat, PM me.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #13 
Alcemistnv

I'm so sorry.

I know exactly how you feel. My mom has threatened to kick my dog ut of the house and she has done it on occassion already.

I'm really, really sorry.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #14 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Your Dad is scum.

I'm so sorry and I hope you stay here on the forum, betta or not. hugz.
Thank you. I just cant wait to move out. too bad it wont be for at least 2 1/2 more years
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #15 
katydidmischief

Sending you big hugs, hunny.
katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #16 
MSG

Gees, sorry to hear about this. I could definitely tell you cared a lot about teeney and making sure she had a happy stress free home.

Keep in mind with CL, a lot of the people are great @ making up stories especially if they sense you're rushed for time. Any claims someone makes, I believe ONLY once I see proof.

Don't want to diss your pops, but what he did is wrong. Sounds similar to an associate of mine who admitted he has SA issue, but his issues with SA is much more severe and it's definitely made worse by his sheer size. He's about 2.5x-3x me weight wise. From what I know, his father was a very violent and dangerous man when he was alive. Thrived on fear & intimidation, took care of his friends but neglected the needs of his own family. This is a man who would spend $100 to buy drinks for everyone in the bar to show off his wealth & power, but would hand his youngest son $10 to buy food for his wife, and 4 hungry kids. I know my associate has many more horrible stories to tell me but it doesn't really serve any purpose to bring up his dark past.

Anyway, at least you have some other animals in the house to play with.

I would love to at least get a glimpse of this guy's pond that houses 1000's of fish.

You should stay on the forum, you're still knowledgeable on most of the basic care requirements of these fishies. You should have seen these two new employees I saw at the LPS that were netting fish for customers. My oh my their lack of knowledge and sheer negligence was shocking.

While I was observing the bettas getting WC's I saw this employee catch too many fish and instead of a net, she used her bare hands to catch & toss the fish back into the main tank.

If you can..... try to find out if you can get involved in some volunteer work with people/afterschool programs. Even if it's only an hour a day. It changes your perspective when you meet actual people who are in much worse situations but still somehow they have a really positive outlook on life.

While animals are nice stress relief at times, they can't give you actual advice on what it's like to really struggle & survive.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #17 
teeneythebetta

Thank you MSG.
I do see your point but I feel confident that he was telling the truth. I will never know for sure but something about him made me confident.

As for programs and volunteering.. I used to volunteer at a no kill animal shelter and I LOVED it. I LOVEEEDDD it. And for some reason my social issues were not existent there- I had no anxiety or fear talking to total strangers. It was weird.

But my dad took that away too.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #18 
finnfinnfriend

Oh my gosh... If I was forced to give up my one and only betta I would just lie in bed....your dad probably just made your social problems worse. Being mean to someone isn't gonna make them want to interact with other people...what he's really showing you is that people are cruel and not worth being social with.

I know I was mean at first... But you are a really cool person to talk to.

I will miss you if you go
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #19 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Oh my gosh... If I was forced to give up my one and only betta I would just lie in bed....your dad probably just made your social problems worse. Being mean to someone isn't gonna make them want to interact with other people...what he's really showing you is that people are cruel and not worth being social with.

I know I was mean at first... But you are a really cool person to talk to.

I will miss you if you go
I know, my other pets are keeping me busy and around the house. Which I suppose is a good thing.
No hard feelings, it's cool (;
Old 09-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #20 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I am so sorry and sad for you ...how is your mom does she understand and is she afraid of your dad too ? You dont have to answer of course its a very personal question. I wish I knew how to help you. If there is ever anything you need or want to talk about you can send me a private message here or on FB. Your such a sweet person and always helping with peoples questions on here...Sending you many hugs !

P.S. I was just wondering today why I hadnt seen any post from you here or on FB...sighs.
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote