Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #51 
LadyVictorian

One day you can move out and have all the fish you want. I just moved out three days ago and got my first betta in ten years o.o. Use to have a good 20 betta but my mom made me sell them all when I was younger because she got sick of the bubblers and how they sound and that I spent too much time with them. Now I have Aquarius and so happy. I know one day you will get that same opertunity no matter how long the wait and it will be the best day ever. Happy you are staying though. Friends on forums are the best, I have been on a mouse forum for years and even though I have no mice now I still stay on the forum for all my friends I made there and to help others with their rodents.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #52 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot00 View Post
Before starting condemning a person we dont know in person, its more appropriate methinks to give him a chance and if possible advice the troubled group to take action in the right direction. If those versed in the know how after examine the family indeed point him out as a control freak we condemn him but until such as appropriate action is taken we simply dont know. 90% of the time there is an underlying psychological/stress factor for this kind of behavior. IMHO it must be identified for the well being of all persons involved.
eh, the world is FULL of men like Teeny's Dad. If you are a woman I hope you will recognize the signs before you get involved with any like him.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #53 
mcneivra

^^i agree. there are better and healthier ways to display emotion
mcneivra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #54 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Yes. . one day you can get your own apartment and do whatever you want.

When I was a teenager my dad's new girlfriend didn't like animals so I came home to find they had taken all my rabbit cages and cat carriers I had bought with my money I worked for at the grocery store, and rounded up all my pets and took them to a pound. They were mostly rescues, they were all vaccinated and neutered, fed, etc. So it wasn't even a hoarding or neglect situation.

I am 37 years old and I still wonder what happened to them. I had raised 3 of the cats as kittens found under our porch.

Sometimes parents are assholes. Most occupational therapists or regular therapists would say that it is good for a person, with social issues or otherwise, to care for something else. It is therapeutic. I am really sorry for you but my advice is go to college or trade school for something stable so you can afford your own apartment one day and do whatever you like. :)

And hopefully stick to this forum!
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #55 
teeneythebetta

@Mursey
Oh my gosh. And I thought what happened here to me was bad. That is absolutely awful. I am so sorry that they did that to you. :(

I am looking into careers involving animals, I'm not sure If
I have the stomach to be a vet/vet tech. But I also find art, drawing and photography interesting.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #56 
registereduser

mursey I think that would have killed me, you are strong.

registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #57 
DeviCy

Your post made me cry you've always been so kind to me and helped me out and it just makes me so sad that anyone could do this to such a kind hearted person.
DeviCy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #58 
megaredize

awwww im so sorry. your dad making you do this wont help your social anxiety. im sure teeney made you feel better. the person who needs some help may be your father. But im glad you found such a good home for her
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #59 
Laki

Mursey, I don't think I should have to remind you to watch your language!! It's just bad taste to speak like that, I mean we all think it and we all talk it in person but try to keep it polite on the public forums :) Thanks.

Also, woah. I don't know what I would do if I came home and all my animals were gone.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #60 
Sapphoira

Teeney, if you ever need help seeking assistance for domestic abuse please don't hesitate to ask anyone you know or trust, or even one of us. Using pets as pawns for control in abusive situations is a classic technique, and sadly very common. You deserve better out of life!
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote