Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #1 
katehunter

Question Does this look like fin rot?

Last night, when buying a heater for one of my older betta, I impulsively bought this guy--Zar'roc is his name (we name all our fish after swords) and not only can I not really identify what color he is, I'm concerned he might have fin rot?

He's seemed pretty healthy so far, is pretty active and eating well, but I don't want fin rot to get serious if it's mild as is.

Is it normal for them to have spots like that? None of our others have been dotted quite like that, lol.
Attached Images

katehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yeah a bit water changes and aquarium salt will help but it is probably fin nipping more stimulation will help.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

Fin Biting for sure. Bettas like yours usually do that because of their fins. The Aquarium Salt won't help much as your Betta will keep biting. :/ Clean Water is the best for right now for infection prevention. Beautiful boy he is. ;)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Fin Biting for sure. Bettas like yours usually do that because of their fins. The Aquarium Salt won't help much as your Betta will keep biting. :/ Clean Water is the best for right now for infection prevention. Beautiful boy he is. ;)
I meant aquarium salt is good for fin rot but not for fin nipping more stimulation is good for fin nippers.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #5 
katehunter

If it's fin biting (which my roommate thought it might've been), will more stuff in his tank help? How can I tell the difference between that and fin rot?
Old 09-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #6 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katehunter View Post
If it's fin biting (which my roommate thought it might've been), will more stuff in his tank help? How can I tell the difference between that and fin rot?
Live food Betta toys plants lava rocks driftwood helps if you observe himm you will most likely see it happen wwait till the middle of the night and use night vision goggles.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I meant aquarium salt is good for fin rot but not for fin nipping more stimulation is good for fin nippers.
Oh, then I understand. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katehunter View Post
Yep, that will help A LOT. More decorations, interaction, etc will help. :) Rot is like his fins keep getting smaller and the edges are all black. Biting is like a crescent shaped mark or a CT's fin shape but at one certain area.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #8 
katehunter

Okay, thanks guys :) when I move him from the temporary tank I'll be sure to get lots of stuff for him.

Tags
advice, color?, fin rot