Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #11 
bettasusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
I like it :)

I have a similar design except I used two dividers, just to ensure there is literally no intereaction between the two fish.
Do you think the Black mesh would help in keeping them from seeing each other? I've been thinking about doing this because I have a few 10 gallons, but I'm just always afraid of the whole cross contamination factor. One gets sick, its possible it will pass it on to the other.
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #12 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettasusa View Post
Do you think the Black mesh would help in keeping them from seeing each other? I've been thinking about doing this because I have a few 10 gallons, but I'm just always afraid of the whole cross contamination factor. One gets sick, its possible it will pass it on to the other.
This is the set up, except Buddha isn't there anymore. Also things were shifted a bit to the side to make it more even

I think it would, but they will most likely see the shadows still. With two layers I noticed you can't really see anything. As for the cross contamination, I make sure to immediately QT either fish if they're sick. All it takes is lots of daily observance and you're good to go ;)
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #13 
Friendlyfishies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggie6347 View Post
Sounds great! Personally, I am a fan of the lighter sand as well. I don't mind it when it gets a bit dirty, actually. My tanks are all fully planted with wood, so when it gets dirty it is usually from plant debris, and I actually really like the look of it. I have light and dark sand and I think the light looks more natural. I think it is going to look stunning in your tank!

Great choice on the java fern! One of the nicest plants because they are very hard to kill! (except the one time I went on vacation and the floating plants over grew like crazy and blocked all the light....yea I don't like to talk about that....haha). Your ferns will multiply like crazy, too! I am constantly finding new plants growing off the leaves of mine!

If I lived anywhere near you I would give you plants for free...I actually had to throw away a handful of them last week.

Please keep us updated! I am excited to see how this turns out!

What kind of bettas are you planning on getting?
Right now im looking at plakats! I never had one before, ive always had vt and I currently have a double tail half moon, beautiful fish but its a pain to keep his tail nice. We will see what catches my fancy at the petstore when the time comes tho =P
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #14 
Friendlyfishies

Nice tank Alce! And thanks everyone! im pretty excited :D
Old 09-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #15 
Meggie6347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlyfishies View Post
Right now im looking at plakats! I never had one before, ive always had vt and I currently have a double tail half moon, beautiful fish but its a pain to keep his tail nice. We will see what catches my fancy at the petstore when the time comes tho =P
That's great, I love plakats! The last three I have rescued have been kings with plakat tail types...I am with you on the long finned ones, plus, my double tail half-moon seems to have trouble swimming I never thought I would say this, but I think short finned bettas are my favorite
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #16 
Friendlyfishies

Hey everyone! well I was only supposed to put sand in but couldnt contain myself LOL...I added the sand, rocks, 2 hide pots and so far one anubias (came as a free extra when I ordered my plants) and 2 moss balls. I am waiting for 1 more anubias, 2 javas & some mint charlie & water sprite for cover, they should all be here on sat. I am also waiting for my shipment of a hood/light and filter, also should be here around monday? Sooner would be awesome! So far this is what it looks like, id say mid way completed.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #17 
Bettanewbie60

That looks so good! I got my 10g divided yesterday, and am dividing my 5.5 today..so much fun setting up new digs~
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #18 
Jupiter

Looks good!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #19 
Friendlyfishies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
That looks so good! I got my 10g divided yesterday, and am dividing my 5.5 today..so much fun setting up new digs~
It really is so fun! Hope you post pics! I love seeing everyones tanks on this site, so unique and different based on each individuals artistic ideas! Love it.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #20 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlyfishies View Post
It really is so fun! Hope you post pics! I love seeing everyones tanks on this site, so unique and different based on each individuals artistic ideas! Love it.
LOL..me too! I am so wanting to show my tanks..dang, need batteries for my camera. As soon as I can I will post...I'm so happy with how they came out..the 5.5 looks a little bare because all of the decor is up against the divider. I am moving Beau and Brady in there in a little while. I moved Bandit and Bali to the 10g last night...it looks so cool, and so far everyone seems happy!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote