Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #1 
DeviCy

Thumbs up Sold my Old Tank

So I sold my old tank today because I'm buying a 10 gallon for my Betta. I sold the tank with everything you need for a Betta heater and all, and I was so excited to hear it was for a Betta so i went out wrote down books products and printed out a bunch of Betta care sheets for them. I was so happy to hear that they were happy i had done this and that their daughter had been doing research on Betta fish. It made me so happy to see a new betta owner and off and to offer her everything she needs to start her Bettas new home off right.
DeviCy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Wow one Betta in 10 gallon is great I have my own in a 10 gallon good of you for starting someone else properly.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #3 
DeviCy

Thanks I decided he needs more room and I want to be able to put a small sucker fosh in and maybe another fish or so but for now just him and some plants. And thanks it felt so good helping out so that her Betta can have a great life.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviCy View Post
Thanks I decided he needs more room and I want to be able to put a small sucker fosh in and maybe another fish or so but for now just him and some plants. And thanks it felt so good helping out so that her Betta can have a great life.
What kind of sucker fish please do not tell me Chinese or Oto.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #5 
DeviCy

probably a borneo, but I've also been thinking about catfish I just want a bottom dweller. But I kinda wanted someone who would eat the same food as my betta.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #6 
DeviCy

Can you recommend any fish that will be good tank mates and promote good healthy betta habits?
Old 09-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #7 
ao
TFK Moderator

I would recommend a few otos :D once established they're fascinating fellows. it's always amusing to watch them hang of a slice of cucumber XD

other wise the norm would be around 4 cory cats :) for that you will need a sand substrate. Tank height should be around 12in or less. :3

Last edited by ao; 09-02-2012 at 09:12 PM.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #8 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Assassin snails shrimp apple snails plants and other hiding places are a must IMPORTANT NOTICE not all Betta are pal compatible a back up plan is essential.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #9 
DeviCy

I need a very hearty fish one that will be easy to feed and care for my main focus is on my breeders health and wellbeing I like him having company but I do not want him stressed or me stressing about another fish.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #10 
DeviCy

Yes I had difficulty with my african dwarf frogs and he hated them so I'm hesitant to buy him a friend so I want someone who will stay out of his way because hes very very aggressive and he likes his space. One of my frogs died of an algae infection thank goodness my Betta was ok and the other simply vanished I have no clue where he went but i am certain he got out of the tank. I'm going to have it planted nothing in his tank except his castle will be fake.

Tags
betta, care, new tank, sold