Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #41 
xjenuhfur

At petco they have silk plants labelled by foreground and background and stuff, they can get pretty tall. I find my fish resting on stuff that has broader leaves. :) I have a chain around here that has plants that are pretty darn tall, but idk if they'd be around you. Its called 'allfish emporium' here they've got a large variety of salt and freshwater fish, and a shark tank you get to watch them feed. :D
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #42 
saidbyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjenuhfur View Post
At petco they have silk plants labelled by foreground and background and stuff, they can get pretty tall. I find my fish resting on stuff that has broader leaves. :) I have a chain around here that has plants that are pretty darn tall, but idk if they'd be around you. Its called 'allfish emporium' here they've got a large variety of salt and freshwater fish, and a shark tank you get to watch them feed. :D
That is way cool! We have an aquarium store similar to that downtown but its a good 45 minute drive.
saidbyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #43 
xjenuhfur

I'm like surrounded by pet stores! I've got a petsmart and petco around me, and the other place is only 15mins away. :3 I am lucky.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #44 
registereduser

I have discovered the Petco tube plants, the water wisteria I just got is doing awesome and today I noticed they have anubias in a tube. They look healthy and they are snail-free. Gonna get me some come payday! They look great on driftwood.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #45 
ao
TFK Moderator

I'm in NYC! I can take the subway anywhere! XD
There are some and some not so great stores around here. I've found petco's plant stocking list to be adequate :) albeit overpriced.

Oh and the tube plants... watch out and double check to see if they're fully aquatic
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #46 
saidbyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
I have discovered the Petco tube plants, the water wisteria I just got is doing awesome and today I noticed they have anubias in a tube. They look healthy and they are snail-free. Gonna get me some come payday! They look great on driftwood.
I have the anubias and sword from there. I'll have to check out the wisteria for sure!
saidbyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #47 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidbyme View Post
I have the anubias and sword from there. I'll have to check out the wisteria for sure!
Is the anubias planted in the gravel? If so, it shouldn't be. You have to tie it onto a rock or wood and the roots will take hold on that. They will not grow in gravel or sand.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #48 
xjenuhfur

I heard hornwort was a great floating and rooted.

Water wisteria is a good ammonia sucker, right?
Old 09-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #49 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Not to sound rude my male in the 10 gallon planted tank has never been sick is active eats well hyper aggressive colorful and beautiful and maintains 80F.But hope you find the Loach a good home an apple or assassin snail might work.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 09-03-2012 at 01:05 AM.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #50 
Laki

Given assassin snails are carnivorous, they shouldn't be added to a tank willy nilly without a constant food source. I refuse to add mine to the substrate because my bettas would scrounge around and eat any meaty food source. Apple and mystery snails are a good idea though. They eat algae and vegetable matter, they are messy I hear. Kind of large bioload..
*I assume the OP cannot even see what post I am referring??

I love the pic saidbyme :) Colorful! And I see your betta is a plakat. Would love for you to open another thread introducing yourself and pets!! (*unless you already did, in which case I apologize and will go look)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote