Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #1 
Greylady

Emerging marble gene?

Gandalf has started to Marble... I had never even heard of Marbling until I came to this very helpful forum in a panic thinking he had septicemia a couple months ago. However all you lovely people assured me he was just "marbling" and so it continues.... When I got him he was all one color, shhhhh don't tell him, but I liked him better all one color . I still love him to pieces though, even if he does look like a kid that got into the paint cans! Lol

I can't seem to get the pics to show up in my posts but if anyone wants to see I've posted some new pics in my album. I also posted a few of his updated tank with a few more plants.
Greylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You are so lucky wish I had a marble Betta.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #3 
Greylady

Really? I don't know, like I said.. I thought he was really pretty all one color and he was such and odd color. I had never seen one that color before and that's how I ended up with a betta again. I'd had one years ago but I wasn't in the market for a fish or tank. I had gone to the pet store for dog food, not a betta, but came home with Gandalf because he was so unusual, to me anyway. But now he's just a mess lol.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

With marble you get different Betta colors they change a few times.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #5 
Greylady

Yeah that's what I've read here on this forum, that they can keep changing all their lives... interesting but kinda hard to tell if something is different because he's sick or something's wrong, or if he's just changing colors again. For instance his tail, I came out one day and was so upset because I thought he was missing a big piece of his tail, but then when I looked closer and he stopped moving long enough I could see it had just gone completely see through in one night then turned that bluish, purple color the next day. I swear everyday it seems I'm like he gives me another mini heart attack because he never looks the same! Lol
Old 09-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #6 
rosy delta

My baby double tail started out blue, and now is blue in the back end and marbled blue and white on the front end. cant wait to see how he turns out!! They are fun
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #7 
Greylady

Is that him in your avatar? The one that changed? How long did it take for him to change? Is he still changing?

I wouldn't mind the blue so much, but the red makes him look like he's bleeding the way it's going in stripes down his anal fins. The red along the edge of his dorsal fin showed up last week...he seems to have greyish, purpleish smudges on his tail and just this week started to get red lines in it too.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #8 
OrangeAugust

I think my newest fish might be marbling. When I first got him, he was all pastel pink with black gill edges, and a tiny black dot on his anal fin which you could only see from one side. Now you can see the black spot from both sides, he now has another black spot on his dorsal fin, his pectoral fins now have black rays in them when they used to be totally clear, and his anal fin is slightly getting darker closer to his body. If he's going to change color, I hope he gets colorful and not just a bunch of black marks on him. lol.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #9 
Greylady

Wow, that would be kinda cool with the black. I'd rather have the black "highlights" then the red lol. I know what you mean about the color, same for me, I wish he would just fill in with whatever color he's going to be instead of these splotchy greyish blue smudges and random red streaking. You should keep a photo journal in your profile, I'm going to try to do that in mine too....so we can see the changes as they happen.

BTW, I love the colors in your fish on your avatar!